LX SX VSX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

Post by deian »

I was meaning the petrol engine, sorry. Didn't know you were talking about the diesel ones.

I doubt the different turbos were due to model specifications. And TD engines don't have that much a high pressure turbo really. So in this case I beg to differ on the high turbo bit. Maybe they did put a 'higher pressure' turbo later on (when the catatlytic converter was put on), or for different fuel pumps, but I doubt it was there to complement the hydractive suspension.

The turbo's 'shouldn't' really whistle noteably, if they do, it means they are leaking.

There is no executive, only Exclusive.

Parkers website/price guide will give you more info on the special models and their inculded options over the standard models.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

deian wrote:
The turbo's 'shouldn't' really whistle noteably, if they do, it means they are leaking.
Not always. I have driven many different turbocharged cars petrol and diesel, the make of turbocharger depends on what type of noise, also how much boost pressure it is producing. My Xantia is quite loud, but its definatly not leaking, spools up from 1200rpm and produces usable boost from 1500rpm. My Maestro is noisy but then it is boosting at 19psi and like the Xantia, the turbo is next to the bulkhead.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jonnydrumm1967
My Cars:

Post by jonnydrumm1967 »

In some of the TD applications,the turbo is set to boost at 1.0 bar at 3000 RPM. That's not bad for a car in road trim,as it were.

Some of the Saab turbos I used to run were boosting between 0.75 and 0.85 bar with their APC system and they were making up to 175 BHP! 2.0 16valve petrol engine,admittedly.
2000 XANTIA HDi 110 SX Est
1992 205 GTI TD
1996 DISCOVERY TDI
2001 XANTIA HDi LX
1991 205 D Turbo