The XUD9TE engine and its power characteristics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonnydrumm1967
My Cars:

Post by jonnydrumm1967 »

Yes,that's what I was thinking,you take the top cover off that's held on by the four screws? I have an old pump here I'll open up first I think!

Thanks, Jon.
2000 XANTIA HDi 110 SX Est
1992 205 GTI TD
1996 DISCOVERY TDI
2001 XANTIA HDi LX
1991 205 D Turbo
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

MikeT wrote:[quote]davek-uk: I'm not sure removing the plastic washer is a good thing as I assume it's a stop for the plunger. Without it, the full boost pressure is resisted only by the spring and the strength of the rubber diaphragm. Will that allow the plunger to lower too far? Perhaps damaging the fuelling pin or stretching the diaphragm? Better suggestion I read was to measure from pin top mark to top of eccentric cone and skim off only that amount from the plastic washer. [/quote]

How do you get the proper quote boxes (like admiral51's last post)????? :?:

After taking out the spacer I pushed down on the shaft. It pushed the diaphragm down further but it does come to a definate stop - probably the bottom of the shaft hitting the bottom of the hole. I read on the internet that it's all designed not to go too far down anyway; this could be right or wrong, of course! So it doesn't appear to stretch the diaphragm too much.

Dave
Last edited by davek-uk on 19 Oct 2007, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Pug Rifter long (20) - 41mpg - Gutsy for a 1.5!
Xantia 1.9 TD Temp.2 Break (97) - 208K@42mpg - Resting again.
Berlingo Multispace 1.6 16v (51) - 184K@36mpg - My shed! Still runs 15° retarded...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

dave
just click on the quote icon in the top right hand corner and it sends you to post reply screen with the quote already in place

colin
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

admiral51 wrote:dave
just click on the quote icon in the top right hand corner and it sends you to post reply screen with the quote already in place
Ah! Brilliant! Thanks for that Colin.

Has anyone out there located the max fuel screw?

I've read on the forum that it's behind the security shield on the later pumps. But these pictures show it a lot higher: My pump has some kind of screw here with what looks to be a large protection cap.

Dave
Pug Rifter long (20) - 41mpg - Gutsy for a 1.5!
Xantia 1.9 TD Temp.2 Break (97) - 208K@42mpg - Resting again.
Berlingo Multispace 1.6 16v (51) - 184K@36mpg - My shed! Still runs 15° retarded...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The screw IS behind the security shield unfortunately and it is very, very difficult to get the shield off.. I've done it once, never again :twisted:

It is easier to get another pump without the shield on it. Early ECU controlled pumps do indeed exist without the shield. Some P reg 406s are like this
davek-uk wrote:My pump has some kind of screw here with what looks to be a large protection cap.

Dave
Dave, that'll be either the fuel return union or the boost diaphragm breather.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...