some one drove up my arse - insurance advice please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

graham593192

Post by graham593192 »

took my cd changer and handfree kit out this morning before waving goodbye to the tow truck. only things to go back for if they write it off are the towbar, battery and i may spend £30 quid on a couple of crappy wheels from the scrap yard so i can keep my new tyres
Garysz

Post by Garysz »

This has happened to me twice.

Lessons -

1 You are only likley to get cash for actual financial loss -therfore if you take a half day to go and quotes - you can claim for the mileage / telephone calls but not the time (unless it is unpaid leave)

2 If you don't get a hire car, you can claim for loss of use of chattels - say £20 per day - the first claim they took 6 weeks to sort out!

3 I despise, this but consider Personal injury - does/did your neck/ back hurt - sadly you are far more likely to get more reasonable cash via this. This is why third party insurance is so high nowadays.

4 Suggest to the insurers that you may use an accident management company, this will push the claim value up, but then don't they may think your a good chap and look on your claim more favourably.

5 Sadly the inurers seem to have different pots of money for each element of the claim. I've known people be in a hire car for weeks with the costs of this being far greater than the cost of the repair.

In summary, the the laymans view of insurance is that it should put you back to where you were in the moment before the incident. Sadly this is not the case, you expend time, energy and hassle (chasing them, sourcing new car etc) for which you get nothing!
Cpt_Spalding
My Cars:

Post by Cpt_Spalding »

That is so depressing on a Friday afternoon!!! :cry:

Anybody else here got a happy-ever-after story to keep my chin up over the weekend?

:?
'98 Xantia 1.9TD Tempt 2 Estate.
Had an M reg long ago as co. car & been curious about owning again ever since.
What have I done????