New member - Xantia HDI Exclusive - Hello!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaExclusiveHDI
My Cars: Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon - I can't seem to let her go!

New member - Xantia HDI Exclusive - Hello!

Post by XantiaExclusiveHDI »

Hello all!
Thought it's about time I joined the forum and thought I'd give a big wave to all you like minded enthusiasts out there! :wink:

Owned a BX TZD Turbo around 10 years ago - and it gave me nothing but grief :cry:
Fell out with Citroens and bought myself a Mazda MX5 - then due to being nearly killed in that by a somewhat blind driver (rolled me and the MX5 onto its roof!) I went out and bought a Honda HRV - easier to see unlike the BRG MX5...
After I got my driving confidence back - I realised how much I missed the Citroen for all its woes - so around 4 years ago bought myself a Xantia SX HDI. The love affair started again :D
I remember thinking when I got it home 'I absolutely LOVE this car - I just hope and prey it keeps running as it does now and doesn't give me the grief the BX did!)
Well - 4 years later and 60,000 miles on with NO major issues I will settle for nothing other than a Hydro. Citroen.
I have been looking for a couple of years to find an eventual replacement for the Xantia which has now done 125K - didn't like the earlier C5s reputation - nor its looks - deffo couldn't afford a later model - but still loved my Xantia to bits!
Well - after 2 years searching for a replacement - I have found one! An immaculate garaged Silver W reg Xantia HDI Exclusive - with just 35K on the clock :o
Needless to say - I'm the happiest man alive at the minute!
It's in truly stunning condition - FDSH - with just one very fastidious retired owner.
I immediately noticed the Suspension at the rear isn't as it should be though - and on enquiring it's got all the original spheres!
Been reading the forum re: Hydractive suspension with great interest - and have to give a huge thumbs up to everyone here for sharing this invaluable knowledge =D>

More like a blog this!? Anyhow - Hello everyone - and nice to meet you!

Chris.
Currently:
2000 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon (73k)
Previously:
BX 19 TZD Turbo
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Hello Chris - good to hear from you.

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice car there.

Being among likeminded enthusiasts (read Cit nutters :)) here will
surely see you through any dark days that MAY lie ahead - in fact
we possibly may not hear from you of any grief you have encountered
<<fingers crossed>> if the car does actually behave itself!! :D

Enjoy!!

All the best, Andrew
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: New member - Xantia HDI Exclusive - Hello!

Post by MikeT »

XantiaExclusiveHDI wrote:Hello everyone - and nice to meet you!

Chris.
Hi Chris, I'm fairly new to this forum and it's now my second home. You're in good hands for sure and hope you enjoy your stay.
tricky ricky
My Cars:

Post by tricky ricky »

Hi
I got my HDi exclusive when it was 18 mths old after owing a 1.9 TD SX. I only intended keeping it a few years. I have now owned it for 6 years. I will not part with it!! One of the best cars, if not THE best car i have owned!!

I'm sure you will enjoy it!!
1987 BX16RE

1999 Xantia HDi Exclusive
XantiaExclusiveHDI
My Cars: Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon - I can't seem to let her go!

Post by XantiaExclusiveHDI »

tricky ricky wrote:Hi
I got my HDi exclusive when it was 18 mths old after owing a 1.9 TD SX. I only intended keeping it a few years. I have now owned it for 6 years. I will not part with it!! One of the best cars, if not THE best car i have owned!!

I'm sure you will enjoy it!!
Hey thanks everyone - so nice to know there are like minded and very helpful peeps out there :)

I agree Tricky - I really was worried about what car I was going to get and I just could't part with the SX! This HDI Exclusive has answered all my dreams :D

BTW - does yours have the Eberspacher Hydronic heater? Not sure if this was standard fit or not?

Cheers!

Chris.
Currently:
2000 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon (73k)
Previously:
BX 19 TZD Turbo
tricky ricky
My Cars:

Post by tricky ricky »

Yeah, It has some sort of heater behind the front N/S bumper. I thinks it's supposed to heat the coolant on really cold days.

It worked for the first 2 years, then made some funny noises for a while, then packed up. I have never investigated it further.

Unless anyone knows common probs with these units?
1987 BX16RE

1999 Xantia HDi Exclusive