Xsara coupe HDI cambelt change?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dty
My Cars:

Xsara coupe HDI cambelt change?

Post by dty »

I have a Xsara coupe mark 1 year 2000 HDI and has 68k on the clock and can you tell me when i should change the cambelt, and roughly how long it would take and how much?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

shoud be changed every 100,000 miles & should be 3.8 hours labour. would be advisable to change it a bit earlier, you never know if the car has previously been clocked & it could actually have more miles than you think on it.
dty
My Cars:

Xsara Coupe HDI cambelt change and problems

Post by dty »

Thanks for the information and although I do not have a service history, I am sure that this is the genuine mileage. Noted that the service book said 75k per change, and also the past year I have been doing many short trips as using the train alot.
Also noticed that the engine management light is on and the stop / oil light bleeps periodically, with the temp gauge going high and the fans coming on, then goes back to normal. The the oil and water are fine no leaks or loss and the garage no adverse running of engine and the garage said that Citroens may be prone to electronic blips and not to be too concerned. Have had this scanned and reset and also switch off via battery but keeps on reoccuring. Any thoughts?