Biofuel

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

micitroen
My Cars:

Post by micitroen »

And with all due respect ; its got naff all to do with the cops anyway; they have no power to 'impound' vehicles they 'suspect' of being fuelled by anything other than tax paid fuel ....its the Customs and Excise who have all the power here. Even then they will need to dip the fuel and have somemeans of proving the fuel is not tax paid.
Best everyone remember that......sticking your nose up the tailpipe of a car and saying 'that smells funny to me' ain't enough due cause to embark on the course of practice talked about in the first post.......sounds more like 'jungle drums' (idle gossip) to me.
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

micitroen wrote:And with all due respect ; its got naff all to do with the cops anyway; they have no power to 'impound' vehicles they 'suspect' of being fuelled by anything other than tax paid fuel ....its the Customs and Excise who have all the power here. Even then they will need to dip the fuel and have somemeans of proving the fuel is not tax paid.
Best everyone remember that......sticking your nose up the tailpipe of a car and saying 'that smells funny to me' ain't enough due cause to embark on the course of practice talked about in the first post.......sounds more like 'jungle drums' (idle gossip) to me.
Yes your right, recently the C&E tried to demand the full rate duty backdated for a company producing WVO to be used for road fuel.

http://www.bio-power.co.uk/

The groups involved refused to pay and threatened court action, the C&E removed their claim but it is still not clear what the situation is?
Maybe someone has some inside information on the new rules?

Regards
Howie

2006 Fiat Idea Dynamic 1.3 Multijet
2010 Renault Laguna Dynamique tom tom 2.0 DCI 130
C5 VTR 2l 8v HDI Estate 112000 miles gone
Kia Rio 2007 1.5 CRDI 62,000 miles gone
2001 Dodge Durango 4.7 V8 170,000 miles gone
1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6 V8 151,000 miles gone
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Thing is, they have to catch you first :D

I first heard of this a few years ago from a girl living near Swansea (Telsa Gwynn's Diary, now defunct.) who first observed that the locals were coming out of the supermarkets with trolley-loads of Mazola and the cars were beginning to smell like McD's.
It became public knowledge shortly after that.

I was driving a Xantia 1.9TD at the time but I never dared try it, too scared of gumming up the works and saving a few quid ending up costing me a new engine. The one in the car had done 116,000 miles but drove like new. (until it got totalled at 148,000!)

I did note around that time that the Customs & Excise were pulling in diesels crossing the Tyne bridge and dipping/testing the fuel.

I have been running on WVO converted to biodiesel and I imagine that if I substitute a percentage of SVO, any interested parties ar unlikely to be able to ascertain that I'm cheating the tax man? I'm a bit wary of SVO though.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

And here's a new quirk - Melon Juice :P
myglaren
Forum Admin Team