205 non starter

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Wardy

205 non starter

Post by Wardy »

Hi all
need help
picked up a 205 gti 1900 yesterday, mainly for parts but i wanted to hear it runnin before i stripped it as the motor has been overbored to a 2ltr but i think never got started, it has 45DCOE Webers fitted also.

On turning the key you can hear the fuel pump working and everything electrical is working but the starter motor is just not turnin over, ive tried the obvious things like a different starter motor and theer is actually power getting to it as it sparked nicely when i touched a screw driver on it, the motor isnt ceazed at all and does turn manually. the car is a 93' model and i think has an immobilser as there is a Siemens box in the boot, is the cause of my problem?! is the car immobilised?! how do you reset it in that case or are there any other ideas you may have to help?!

Many thanx

simon
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Simon,

Overbored? Can't be done on a normal alloy 1.9 due to the liner thickness. An iron blocked one could be though.

Right, sorry, drifting OT. Your problem is often caused by bad connections on the infamous "brown multiplug" that sits just above the gearbox under the AFM. It corrodes and one of the major high-current runs through it is the starter solenoid. The ignition switch can also cause as well as an immobiliser. They often interrupt the starter solenoid supply.

Hot-wire it if you just want to test although access is not good!

A good formum for GTi matters is:

forum.205gtidrivers.com
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

thanx for the quick reply

ill check the connection in that borwn connector tomorrow

if that doesnt work, how would i hot wire the starter?!

i assume the starter solenoid is the smaller barrel attatched to the starter, i have tried 2 starter motors and niether work so it must be electrical!!

Thanx
simon
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

If all else fails,get a mate to tow it up and down the street ! as a last resort of course.

Good luck
92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!