Purchasing Hydraflush?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Spoke to GSF this morning and they supply Hydraflush by post (courier actually!) so some is on order.

They also tell me they have loads in stock!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Did the smilie to 8 edit on Slim's posting.

I MUST add though that running it 2 weeks or just a few 100 miles is way too short time. That is waste of good money & precious DIY time.
Let the stuff work at least 1 month or at least 1500 miles (2000km) - whichever comes first.
I'm quite sure the minimum miles the stuff should work is stated on the label of the can.

NOTE : the hydraflush does NOT in ANY way harm the system.

PS : there is nothing wrong in re-using the hydraflush on a second car or at a later time. Just allow a weeks time for sediments to settle on the bottom of the can. It will still work as good as new, until diluted too much with LHM.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

AndersDK wrote:PS : there is nothing wrong in re-using the hydraflush on a second car or at a later time. Just allow a weeks time for sediments to settle on the bottom of the can. It will still work as good as new, until diluted too much with LHM.
Never thought of that - good point 8)
ImageImage
C5IAM
My Cars:

Post by C5IAM »

Changing things around a little. At my next service at 87500 on my C5 2.2 HDI I intended to change the suspension fluid, I know it is not LHM and I cannot think of the initials that it is!!
Perhaps Anders can answer this. Is it alright to use the same 'hydraflush' to flush out the system on the C5 as well, and is it recommended. Have done it before on XM's and CX, but I am wondering because of the different fluid, but would assume it should be done.
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
C6 2.7 Twin turbo HDI Lignage
slim123

Post by slim123 »

The C5 runs with LDS fluid, this is a mineral fluid so hydraflush will not do it any harm. But the C5 hydraulic system is not as complex as the older systems, there are no height correctors to block up (there are simple electric switches) so I doubt if you would feel the benifits of a flush, but if its dirty, why not? it certainly will not do any harm.

Regards
Slim.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Slim -

The colour of LDS would be close to the hydracleanse - i.e. both light orange ?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image