MOT failure help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

slim123

Post by slim123 »

I would suggest that if you are replacing the regulator, it would be a good idea to replace the main accumulator sphere too, unless you can prove that the sphere on yours is a good one. Otherwise, it's a bit like mending a puncture, but leaving the nail in the tyre.

You dont realy want to fix the problem but leave the cause alone.

Dont forget to use the universal gaiter on the rack, for the reasons stated previous.

Also, why hand the job over? save yourself a few quid and DIY the job, If you are ok with plugs oil and filters, then this job will not be too difficult for you.

Regards
Slim.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

most of the time you dont need to replace these items,with the front (main) regulater its quite often the sphere seal is damaged by the last person to refit it not smearing the seal with citro blood (LHM), and the rear end could be the shot length of rubber tubeat the top of the hight corector has perished and split, after all that said most hydraulic citroens have weapy bits as they become leaky old ladys, and any MOT station that knows them will ignore these usual weapy bits
regards malcolm
mallyg
My Cars:

Post by mallyg »

Right I have cleaned the regulator and the rear height corrector up with brake cleaner and can't see any leaks, sat on the boot and the car sinks and then rises back to normal height after about 5 seconds. Any other suggestions. Thanks
1995 Xantia 1.8i Dimension
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

5 seconds for the rear to rise is a bit quick - there is actually a delay mechanism built into the height corrector to prevent too-rapid movements. If all seems OK then its probably of no significance.

Glad to hear regulator and height corrector are not leaking. I got an advisory on a leaking height corrector on my BX - which was spray grease on it to keep it moving.
jeremy