Aaaaggh! F&*king Inconsiderate B$%^ards

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

citrojim wrote:
Homer wrote: I don't have much sympathy for people who live near schools, you are inconvenienced for maybe a couple of half hours a day (more like a total of 30 mins) and you know what times it will be.
Quite! It's a school. If you choose to live near one you know how it'll be.
The school my kids go to is actually newer than the surrounding houses so there are probably people living there who didn't choose to be near a school.

Which brings me to another thing. Schools could do a lot more to alleviate the problem. They could set their clocks right for starters so you don't have to turn up 5 mins early just in case and stand around for 10 mins because they come out 5 mins late.

And new schools should be designed with cars in mind. Unfortunately the attitude is that you shouldn't be driving to school rather than accepting that people will no matter what they do and accommodating them.

Drive though school, now there's an idea. :idea:
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Off Street Parking....!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Resident living near school takes drastic measures to stop the school run drivers damaging his car again !

mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

A couple of weeks ago someone left some red marks down one of my doors. Bit anoyed, but it comes off with a fingernail so did not think it too bad as could see no dents.
Today I pulle dthe handle on the door which has red on it....and the handle came off in my hand!
I think which ever car added the red marks must have pushed the handle in and fractured it, and now its well knackerd. Only £33.50 for a new one, plus £70 fitting :twisted: [/img]
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Following my BX's battle with a Travis Perkins wagon (see above), I bought the bits, went down to the yard, presented the bills, and, as agreed, they paid me from the petty cash with no insurance company involvement: nice people to do business with!!
LOAC

parking

Post by LOAC »

I know what you mean about the "herding instinct" I once parked in a completely empty car park and was just about to get out when I woman tried to reverse into the space next to mine...she misjudged it and scraped all along the side of the car... She could have parked anywhere...

I get so annoyed when people just swing open their car doors straight into the side of another. The metal on car bodies these days is so thin and dents very easily. Why can't people be a bit more considerate? Often I've been sat in the car when it happens and then what can you do about it? Go through insurance and lose out anyway because of the excess? I feel like I need to have huge rubber strips fitted down either side.

School runs should be made illegal. It's bad for the environment and it's bad for the kids. No wonder they're so obese and getting type 2 diabetes...make the buggers walk or cycle, like we did when we were kids. I don't want to hear any crap about it not being safe...Things are probably less dangerous in most areas now than they have been in the past. All those Chelsea tractors to do a couple of miles then home...generates huge amounts of pollution and traffic congestion.

Grrr...don't get me started...

LOAC
Xantia 2.0i Desire Auto 1998 77K miles- For sale

Synergie SX 1.9TD 2000
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

It would appear that these muppets are driving their cars, with the same sort of lack of control that they exhibit, when pushing their trolley around the supermarket.