Front Seat Cover Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jmd
My Cars:

Front Seat Cover Xantia

Post by jmd »

Has anybody any idea if an original seat cover can be purchased from Citroen & if so what is the price.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Yes they can but the price/availability will depend upon type. If its leather then just the base panel is £311.43.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

DickieG wrote:Yes they can but the price/availability will depend upon type. If its leather then just the base panel is £311.43.
WOW ! :shock:

That's a bargain Not !

I just saw this thread, and don't have a need to sort mine out, I therefore hadn't been thinking about the price, so I was glad I was sitting down when I read this, and will be looking at feeding my hide again.
(The one that's on the seat frame ! ) :D
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Thanks for your reply. Fortunately it's not leather. Its the outer (cover) cloth type - I think Citroen called it "Pessoa velour/ Alcantara
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Do you mean the houndstooth black and white check velour with Alcantara sides?

If so I have a complete interior in that from my VSX, mint condition having only done 24,000 miles when I changed the seats over to leather.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Thanks DickieG. I'm almost sure that is the one, but I would have to look at the car again. I had the car on trial for one day, bought it and am supposed to collect it the middle of next week, so I will know for definate then. I was looking at a brochure from the year 98/99 when I mentioned that "Pessoa/ Alcantara. On that particular brochure they show 3 types of upholstery (apart from leather)
1. Universal Velour (its not that) 2. Geneva Velour (It's not that) and the 3rd - Pessoa/ Alcantara which looks like what I need. genarally the upholstery is in good condition except for the drivers seat, which is worn and torn. Surprises me because my 96 Xantia's upholstry is in great condition after 250, 000 miles. Where this Automatic Xantia has only half the mileage. Will be glad to chat you further, when I see the car again.
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

There was a version around that time that had Alcantara across the whole of the seat, it might have looked good when it was new but the material didn't wear well at all with most cars ending up with a hole in the material by 100,000 miles.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

That's mine so, although I will have to check it out further. I believe that if seats are cleaned (Vacuum Cleaned) regularly it prolongs their life. Dirt and grit damages them, more than ordinary wear. The seats in this car would seem to never have been cleaned. But against that the car is great to drive and has a full service history to date. The centre arm rest is also damaged, but with full service history I couldn't let it go. I can work on the dirt and furnishings.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

The Alacantra manufacturers' website is quite informative (if a bit slow), and recommends weekly cleaning with a damp white cloth.