2.1 HUNTING

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

davethewheel wrote:my 2.1td also has bubbles that i can see in the clear section of pipe they seem to be made worse if i squeeze the bulb, i've had a problem since i got the car, it's as though you still have you foot on the accelerator as when you dip the clutch the engine revs rise, i always thought that it must be a problem with the ecu or the pump maybe it's related to air in the fuel.
for not a lot of money you could change near enough all the pipes.... though your problem sounds like a throttle not returning quick enough...never had a 2.1 does it have a little hydraulic ram thing (like a very small boot support) to close the throttle?

if it does they do wear out (and cost about £100 to replace)

you could also have a frayed/worn throttle cable not allowing the throttle to close

try manually opening the throttle under the bonnet...it should snap straight back...if it doesnt you have a throttle problem
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

If the bubbles get worse when you operate the priming bulb - it could have failed! - Does it look perished? Are its connections (particularly inlet) tight?

The Epic pump is a derivative of the Roto-Diesel - CAV pump which uses fuel pressure to operate its governor - and since these things run on full power unless restrained by the governor - it could simply be air that is causing the pump to be unstable - and with enough air the thing can runaway - too much and it'll stop.
jeremy
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

i'll a closer look tomorrow, i did look a while back and the throttle cable felt ok ,it's as if there is a delay from what you do with the accelerator pedal to what the engine does and yes the bubbles do get worse if you squeeze the bulb.