Activa Insurance Shock!!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Hello Clogzz :) Yes, I have been a bit busy lately, sorry about the absence.
Clogzz wrote:There are many 6-cylinder cars here from several makers, because fuel is cheaper, and the tax regime for cars is governed by a recipe book that the Americans gave them during World War II.
A former colleague of mine bought a 1974 Cadillac Eldorado convertible from a mafia boss before he went to jail.
It had an engine of over 7 litres capacity.
His wife had a Mitsubishi Colt with a 1.4 litre engine, I think.
The all-up difference in road tax and insurance cost was something like only £40 per year.
It’s often the 6-cylinder cars that are the cheapest to insure because they are supposed to be conventional cars with sedate drivers … but they ‘mishandle’ like barges.
That recipe book sounds very nice ! 8)

The "all-up difference" sounds very much a common sense difference, and affordable. :)

Yes, that point about "mishandle like barges" does mean that you would have thought they were more of a liability !

citrojim wrote:
Oh, and they have no problem with the Activa They see it as nothing special or difficult from an insurance point of view.
Well citrojim isn't that the way it should be. :)

Can any of the rest of us Activa owners, :wink: get a quote from the same company. :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

ACTIVE8 wrote:Well citrojim isn't that the way it should be. :)

Can any of the rest of us Activa owners, :wink: get a quote from the same company. :)
Indeed!

Yes, Frizzell are open to everyone although to secure the best deal it may help to belong to the Civil Service Motoring Association, which I believe is open to anyone these days, no need to be a Civil Servant or in an allied service any more. Membership of the CSMA is free these days as well :D

Have a look around here:

http://www.csma.uk.com/

The site is running very slowly for me at present but it's usually OK.

Give Frizzells a call. They are always very friendly and helpful :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Thanks for that citrojim 8) I will have to look into it, and see what they can do !