Lock problem with our Ph1 Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Lock problem with our Ph1 Xantia

Post by rossnunn »

Right chaps, our old faithful has thrown a wobbler.
The rear nearside door won't open from either the outside or the inside.
Normally I'd associate this with a stuck lock mech but all the locks are regularly greased & it was working perfectly fine days before.
One can feel the centeral locking locking/unlocking & the deal lock activating.

So before I start pulling things apart is there a known issue/fix?
Does anyone know if there's enough room to remove the door card without opening the door?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Its actually quite common and well worth searching to find out where to put the tin snips.
jeremy
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Ta I've a set of those in the barn.........
micitroen
My Cars:

Post by micitroen »

Don't know if its the same deal as the xsara but mine did the same thing on Friday. I was able to get the door card off and still couldn't 'see' what was wrong with it....checked all the linkages and sprayed them etc etc saw all the bits move as the 'plip' was operated and they all moved, exactly the same as yours. Put a request up for help on here and Anders replied with some good advice but to no avail I found.
I phoned my local dealer who despite all the usual bad mouthing re Citroen dealers I have found to be very good and extremely helpful in the past......even to the extent of buying the brake parts they didn't have in stock; from GSF up the road. Anyway, guy there tells me its a common problem with Xsaras and that they've just done a Picasso....it is (commonly) the central locking motor just not unlocking fully on that rear door and he suggested tapping (hitting) the motor at the same time as operating the plip to open the doors...Voila! Success; he did seem to think it might not last very long and suggested that I bring the car in for a replacement motor (£150) including parts and labour...I think I'll wait and see how long it lasts.
Mike.
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

micitroen wrote:.... the central locking motor just not unlocking fully on that rear door and he suggested tapping (hitting) the motor at the same time as operating the plip to open the doors...Voila! Success; he did seem to think it might not last very long and suggested that I bring the car in for a replacement motor (£150) including parts and labour...I think I'll wait and see how long it lasts.
Mike.
Really? AAAAh Crap.