2.0 HDI, Oh why did I say yes?????

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

slim123

Post by slim123 »

Update, just if yer interested!

I popped round today, slackened the belt and removed the camshaft pulley, guess what?? the key had sheared off.

He did say that the belt was fairly new, so I guess that this is what happens when the camshaft cannot move and the belt is a good one.

The woodruff key looks to be a permenant fixture to the inner part of the pulley, so a new inner pulley is on order and hopefully all will fire into life.

I will no doubt let you know.

Again, thanks for the suggestions. It seems that sometimes teamwork is the way forward.

Regards
Slim.
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Final update (just if you are interested)

New inner camshaft pulley hub fitted today, put the timing pins in and belt on, tensioned belt, removed pins and it started first go.

I think that the advice here has to be. If the aux belt happens to slip inside the cambelt covers on your HDI (and they quite often do) remove the camshaft pulley and check, as there may be enough strength in the belt to snap the key off.

One happy neighbour who has agreed to be my slave for a day, so I think that I will put my feet up tomorrow and watch him weed the flower beds and cut the lawn :twisted:

Regards
Slim.
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

nice work.....i wish i had a neighbor like you :lol: