Indicators dead :(

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Indicators dead :(

Post by KP »

Well this morning our 2.1td mk1 decided the indicators werent needed anymore :(

I dont have access to the handbook or haynes and was wondering if anyone knew which relay and fuse it was for the indicators at all?

Everything else on the stalk works fine, horn and lights and foglamps so i imagine the relay has gone as the hazard button gets no response either and the same when arming the alarm/central and dead locking as im kinda stuck now :(

Thanks in advance,
Will
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Have you tried the emergency blinkers button ?

Reason is that stalk and emergency blinkers uses the same relay, and stalk circuit is wired through the emergency button switch.
Some workout on the emergency blinkers button may well resume normal services ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
slim123

Post by slim123 »

I seem to remember that years ago I had this same problem but with a series 2 CX.

Spent hours trying to find it, eventually, clutching at straws, I put a second hand hazzard switch in (because I had one and couldnt think of anything else to try) It worked! all indicators returned to normal.

Might be worth a look.

Regards
Slim.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well i got the indicators working now so all i have to do is find somewhere that i can buy the hazard switch near doncaster :(

anyone any ideas??
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well ive bought a hazard switch and replaced it in teh dash but still no joy in getting it working :(

can anyone tell me where the relay is for the incators/hazard switch and how to get to it please??
Haynes just says behind the fusebox but doesnt say how to get the fusebox off :(

Thanks
Will
KP
My Cars:

Please Help!!!

Post by KP »

Ok ive looked around the fusebox and they are all fine, the relay for the indicators appears to work fine, the indicators work fine unless you activate the hazard warning switch. the alarm/dead locking when activated via the fob doesnt activate the indcicators either.

Is there a common fuse or Relay hidden somewhere that activates all these as nosing thru the haynes book of fibs and bibs has a nice list and picture of wires and relays and switch's. im thinking that there is a relay under the dash that controls the hazard lamps and i bet odds on that the relay also takes a feed from the alarm unit as well. does anyone know which one it is at all please? i think its in the owners manual but i dont have the service/handbook pack with me at home as its at my folks.