Me again, an another problem, (front end rattle)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

:D :D :D :D Excellent Ian, I'm delighted. A result! :D
TehAgent wrote:Was a fun day, even with the rain lol (funniest part of the day by my reckoning :) )
It was very enjoyable day all round, thoroughly enjoyed. It took three lots of shampooing to get my hair clean :shock: My white socks were black!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
TehAgent
My Cars:

Post by TehAgent »

lol, i did have 3 seats left when the hurricane hit.

why do we always seem to have a good day when working on my car?

You left your swarfega here.

and sorry about the locals, but on the plus side, thanks to you and Jim for coming over again. my backs still wet from sorting out that puddle under the car, and i think i have a tree still stuck in my hair....
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (The Fast One)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Citroens: Bringing people together (to fix the damn things!) :D

So that's where I left my swarfega :oops:

Always a pleasure to come over Ian, was good to see you and Tes again anyway.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

TehAgent wrote:Got in the car this morning, and she fired strait up, it didn't hic up or complain about it or anything, so now know that air was getting in through that injector hose,

Brakes are now very sharp because the ABS is working correctly, and the power steering doesn't feel heavy no more, also the car raised almost as soon as the engine was running, took about 20 seconds to get to the correct height.

Was a fun day, even with the rain lol (funniest part of the day by my reckoning :) )
ABS working or not wont make the brakes work any better with normal presure,all that dose is maybe if/when you stamp on them and lock any of the wheels up you should stop fairly saftly
regards malcolm
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Would the better hydrolics be down to the aux belt now being easier to turn with a working a/c pulley?
Before with the a/c pulley bearing failing, it'd put more strain on the belt.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:Would the better hydrolics be down to the aux belt now being easier to turn with a working a/c pulley?
Before with the a/c pulley bearing failing, it'd put more strain on the belt.
I don't think so because as long as the accumulator has some charge in it and the pump is pumping a bit, the brakes will be fully operational. In fact, of all the hydraulics, the brakes are the lightest load and can still work when hydraulic pressure is well down.

On the old sinking models with the Flow Distribution Valve, the power steering was the hungriest, followed by the suspension and then the brakes. It was arranged that power steering would die first in the event of hydraulic pressure loss and the brakes last. The suspension could sink but braking would remain available whilst a smidgen of pressure remained.

I reckon it's because the new pads fitted have now nicely bedded down and the fact that everything is now working nicely just gives you a feeling that all is better. The "clean car" effect. Clean cars always go better than dirty ones :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...