Citroen-PR.net gone!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I don't object to paying to download repair guides, but it does seem mean of them to charge for searching for part numbers. Being able to do this & then order a part from a dealer knowing the part number was correct saved me time, and I'm sure it saved dealers time & trouble by avoiding ordering wrong parts.

They could include this in the free services they offer on the site quite easily. I have been considering complaining to PSA, but the question is which division? Would Citroen UK take any notice as the site isn't really under their control?
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

This link is to PSA in France:

http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/en/hp1.php

Scroll down to bottom right ‘CONTACT’ to comment in English: Image

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
ellevie
My Cars:

Post by ellevie »

Here is a very good resource for BX, CX, and XM illustrated parts lists in downloadable pdf format,
http://rammstein.dfmk.hu/~xminfo/
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I've just sent PSA France an email, if I get a response I'll post it here.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

For those looking for Xantia parts diagrams click on the following link http://membres.lycos.fr/ci6web/auto/activa/ then the Laser titled links which will display a large number of the PR.Net parts diagrams :D

You will also find a number of photo's from suspension diodes to the procedure for removing corrosion from the rear brake calipers :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i belive it will be/is posible to use the parts checking and ordering bit of the new site,as the section marked basket is under the heading FREE,it seems to me it is only the techi bits of the site you will have to pay for
regards malcolm
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Under the free section at the moment all you can access is advertising leaflets on things like accessories, their own brand oils etc.
All the stuff of any actual use is chargeable!
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

caveman_si wrote:If the only option you get on the web sites landy and pr replacement just download pdf printer driver try primo pdf (i think its the one i have and free).

No need to waste paper and you get a nice shinny pdf to do with as you wish :wink:
At work we use CutePDF - it's just as good as the (ahem..cough) Adobe Professional I have at home...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

..............Parts Access Tax !!!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Take a look at this link.

http://service.citroen.com/oiweb/AC/Red ... iption.asp

I wish they had left PR net as it was, but they change it, :evil: and now the main stealers will be even more busy with enquiries that were handled by the previously open access to PR net.

Take a note of the date that they implemented the change on, in the link above, of all the days/dates that they could have chosen they picked this one.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Re: ..............Parts Access Tax !!!

Post by AndersDK »

ACTIVE8 wrote:Take a look at this link.

I wish they had left PR net as it was, but they change it, :evil: and now the main stealers will be even more busy with enquiries that were handled by the previously open access to PR net.

Take a note of the date that they implemented the change on, in the link above, of all the days/dates that they could have chosen they picked this one.
Yeah well - they really made us aprils fools didnt they :evil:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: ..............Parts Access Tax !!!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

AndersDK wrote:
ACTIVE8 wrote:Take a look at this link.

Yeah well - they really made us aprils fools didnt they :evil:
What are they going to charge us for next consultation fees for speaking to a parts advisor, at the main stealers, when you visit them. While if you need to call them it will be a non geographic number at £1.50 a minute, or whatever even higher rate they choose to screw the customer with. :evil:

That last bit has happened, where I have seen a main stealer service department has changed their number that is listed on their web site, their old number does still exist, but they are keeping it quiet. :evil:

As for what they are charging for the call, well who knows what they have set the rate at, but it is cetainly not any cheaper than the old number, they will be making more money out of the customer when they call up, and will still keep you waiting a long time, while they go and check on the progress on the car. :evil:
nurkov
My Cars:

Post by nurkov »

I got myself something better then pr net it's called laser and looks like that
http://xoops.citroen.triger.com.pl/uplo ... c3f66f.gif
The same pictures plus repair manuals and common problems etc
Citroen Xantia Break 2.0T Exclusive 1999
Citroen Xsara 1.4i West Coast 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hello to another resident of our fair New City :D :D

I'm not quite, being in Newport, but near enough...

We nearly have enough prople in MK and hereabouts now to have a good meet-up. I notice there are a lot of Xantias running around these parts...

Laser looks good!!!

So come on, don't tease us. How does one go about getting hold of it? Even if it costs it'll likely be good value for us citaddicts :lol:

I'm still suffering terrible withdrawl symptoms from the loss of pr.net :cry: :cry: I need my fix :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Fair new world has yet to come :!:

Being in electronics & computers for decades now - I can now see the light from the end of the tunnel :
It does not take much fantasy to widen the scope of the multiplex system, where the central body computer will only accept new replacement components sending the right code back on query.
That correct code wil only be known & decoded by the manufacturer.

Its then finito finale with aftermarket discount spare parts - or at least you will have to pay the programming fee at your dealer to 'enable' any new part replaced.
Imagine a central body computer programme which will immobilise your car, if your newly purchased discount brake pads does not respond with the correct code :
Unthinkable ? - no :evil:
Political incorrect ? - no :evil:
Too complicated ? - no :evil:
Too expensive ? - no :evil:

I think I still have my old rusty pedal bike somewhere in my workshop ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

AndersDK wrote:Fair new world has yet to come :!:

Imagine a central body computer programme which will immobilise your car, if your newly purchased discount brake pads does not respond with the correct code :
Unthinkable ? - no :evil:
Political incorrect ? - no :evil:
Too complicated ? - no :evil:
Too expensive ? - no :evil:

I think I still have my old rusty pedal bike somewhere in my workshop ...
It could be just around the corner Anders, a scary thought :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...