Xantia 2.1td cambelt change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xf8u

Xantia 2.1td cambelt change

Post by xf8u »

I am currently changing the cambelt on my 1997 2.1.
I have bought a camblelt kit but am unable to remove the old tensioner. I have loosened and removed the allen screw through the hole in the engine side plate but it will not budge. There is another screw which runs though the centre of the tensioner wheel. I have removed the nut but it still won't budge.
How does it come off?
Also, there seems to be no way of removing the engine side plate to gain easier access.
Thanks in advance
Mike
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've just looked at this on pr.net. I've never had any experience with a 2.1TD but the tensioner is very similar to that used in the early petrol XU engines and I do know those.

You'll need to remove the nut/washer (Item 34 on Item 11) in the centre of the tensioner wheel or remove the nut at the rear of it behind the tensioner assembly (if you can reach it. Also, you'll likely to have to remove the lock plate (allen screw) and pop off the spring (not as strong as it looks :) ) and then it will slip off.

Here is a picture of it:

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xf8u

Xantia 2.1

Post by xf8u »

Thanks for that info. Please tell me where you got the diagram from.
Thanks
Mike
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

From (the now sadly deceased :cry: ) pr.net. It was the last thing I looked up on it :wink:

It is safely stored on my hard disk though as a jpeg...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...