Something simple (i guess)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sturdybloke

Something simple (i guess)

Post by Sturdybloke »

After reading some of the mods that improve the Xantia, I came across clogzz post about plumbing in a relay into the ignition switch. The plans don't mention non air conditioned models, and (as simple as it is) I cant work out where the 87 out from the relay goes to? Is it to the heater blower speed switch on the dash or is it a direct feed to the heater blower (that would make it run continious though).

Here is a link to the post:-

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ion+switch

Feel like a plum for asking about something so simple :?: :oops: :lol:
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Blower fan relay mod again

Post by xantia_v6 »

My first comment is that I don't think the relay is really necessary on non-A/C cars. A/C cars have a more powerful blower that draws more current, and is controlled by computor so that it runs at full speed when cooling the car on a hot day. I don't think that in typical use you will be stressing the switch so much, unless you habitually run with the blower on full.

With this modification, all you are doing is routing the current so that it does not go through the ignition switch. There are two parts of the new circuit, the primary circuit that enrgises the relay when the ignition switch is in the accessory or run positions, and the secondary circuit that carries the current to the blower motor.

In the primary circuit, you just need a feed through the ignition switch contact, through relay coil and then to ground.

In the secondary circuit, the relay contacts should be connected to the two wires coming to the brown connector which previously went to the ignition switch. There is no need to run wires to the fues box, cigar lighter or fan motor.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Sturdybloke wrote:Feel like a plum for asking about something so simple :?: :oops: :lol:
Nothing wrong with asking that. :)
Here’s quite another question:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=18035
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389