Trafficmaster

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

David W wrote:Guys. Just bought a 1999 SX TD Xantia Estate with Trafficmaster.... and it keeps grumbling at me to re-subscribe. Is the system so useless it's not worth the £30/year?

Cheers,

David
Hi. It depends how much major road driving you do each year.. the system is good whether it is worth the money depends on you!
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Well not much major road use day to day but an intensive 1500mls over 10 days to and around Scotland each year so might help then.

Has anyone actually used this system to describe what it tells you and how?

David
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

The best thing I've found about it is that it'll prevent you from getting on a slip road only to find the motorway solid, best used in conjunction with a GPS so you can find you way easily on alternative routes.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Stempy.

Does your current V6 have Trafficmaster? I was interested in a description of what sort of warnings it gives you, how far out from trouble and does it offer any alternatives?

Also does the Trafficmaster have a seperate booklet or are the instructions in the stereo manual?

I don't have the stereo instruction book in my car and need to know how to work the trafficmaster as it needs some sort of code phoning through to renew the subscription... and I don't know where to find it.

David
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

It gives you various degrees of warnings which I believe range to about 12 miles ahead. It'll tell you the range and severity of the delay, how long to expect to be delayed and will also tell you to avoid the area if it's really bad. The instructions for mine are in the back of the vehicle handbook.

If you go to the Trafficmaster website you can do all your subscribing from there. It's just a matter of getting the licence number from the box then entering that and the vehicle registration into the website along with your credit card number, they will then issue you with a pin number to activate the box. It's all done by button press sequences, the book should tell you and again there is some information on the website.

Lexia ponce

David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Thanks Stempy. I have no info at all on the Trafficmaster in my car handbook so will have to try the dealers of perhaps EBay for a used book. I think you are confirming I need to get the Trafficmaster unit in my car to display a serial number somehow as it will be needed to subscribe. I think I will try it for at least the first year.

David
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

It will speak the serial number to you, I think you have to stab the button quickly either two or three times.

Lexia ponce

David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Top man. A bit of button pushing found manual mode, volume and the serial number spoken out.

I'll get onto the website and sign up for the crack.

David