306 1.4 LX jerks when pulling off.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pentoman

Post by pentoman »

Hmm very interesting, do keep me updated.
Could you tell me where is the ICV? I would have just assumed that the throttle was computer operated and that handled the idle control on its own - no separate ICV. Could be wrong?

Maybe in the pic on here http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight= would help?

ta! Glad it's working well for you at the moment. I remember driving a 306 1.4 years and years ago and being struck by how it seemed to go pretty well.
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Hi Pentoman,

On my car the ICV is located in C12 (on the picture from the link).
A few months before it broke I did clean it and the throttle body as a mechanic friend recomended I did as he said it gets gummed up, It did slightly improve things so maybe worth a go on your car.

Keep us updated as to how you get on curing your car.
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
pentoman

Post by pentoman »

OK I removed and cleaned mine yesterday (before I saw your reply).

It was at about E5 - it brings in air from the left side whereas the air normally comes in from the airbox on the right side. A pipe comes off the airbox onto the ICV and there's also a 4 pin connector. Does yours have this air pipe? Because on my car C12 is the throttle potentiometer (it's mounted on the throttle is the giveaway!).

My ICV was a 1 inch long rod that moved in and out. I moved it to clean it and on reconnection the idle was kind of all over, but it relearnt itself in a few seconds and became steady. We'll see how it goes but it still sounds a tiny bit weak so I don't think it's any better. Cheers for the tip though, anything we can rule out is good!