Sad farewell to my ZX Volcane TD - UPDATE!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shezads

Sad farewell to my ZX Volcane TD - UPDATE!

Post by shezads »

Had a hairy encounter in my ZX. Rounding a bend (country lane) Wednesday afternoon near work - front end gripped well, lost the back end. Managed to miss a car coming the other way (more down to fortune rather then anything else) - caught a telegraph pole side on (on the rear) which turned the car the opposite way into the hedge. - Approx 35 - mph.

Damage was to the front , side, (both), back end - knocked off the rear axle (where the telegraph pole caught it.

I was very fortunate, as although the speed wasn't high, I could have hit the other car side on (coming the other way), or hit the telegraph pole on drivers door (I hit on rear door / rear 1/4 panel). Walked away (a bit of a stiff neck the next day).

The car had become a bit tail happy, may have been poor quality tyres / bad weather). Car is now scrapped, I would have stored the car to sell off any bits, Had I storage space / area.

Caught me totally by surprise, will miss the zx (already do, had the car 4 1/2 years). Looking for another car - not sure what, needed something a bit bigger. May have a look at a 406 estate hdi.

I will post pics of the damage when I get a chance.
Last edited by shezads on 08 May 2008, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Found my Alfa at Last!

04 156 2.4 JTD SW Veloce (Pics coming soon)

In the family:
W 306 HDI
M 306 TD
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

My son had one for about a week then the engine blew up! The body was good though, unfortunatly he has sold it. 406 is a nice car but the old XUD engine is less troublesome. The 2.1 td is the best.
shezads

Post by shezads »

Hi All,

Visiting this sight again after a while. Sorry I didn't get a chance to update this post as my hard drive on my laptop failed taking the pictures of the ZX in the ditch (after hitting the telegraph pole) with it!

Just to update, I had bought a Honda Accord estate petrol for a run around (only paid £350)- as it was very cheap - lasted a year, needed abs pump, two tyers for mot so got rid of this in August 2007 (scrapping). In September 2007 I was a proud owner of..... Guess what.

Sadly, not another Citroen, or even a Peugeot, or even a French car, but

Alfa Romeo 156 SW JTD 2.4 20v (175 bhp). It’s a 04 facelift model Veloce, with leather. I am absolutely delighted with it. Have put on approx 6k so far, and it is awesome. Quite economical too. I will definitely post pics of this....

P.s. my brother still has a 95 306 td (had this for 4 years), and we have another 306 HDI x plate in the family so I have been on the forum occasionally.
Found my Alfa at Last!

04 156 2.4 JTD SW Veloce (Pics coming soon)

In the family:
W 306 HDI
M 306 TD
deian

Post by deian »

That alfa sounds nice, didn't know they squeezed 175bhp out of it, and being the estate, they are still good looking car.