Rip Off ... Or What!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SteveG

Rip Off ... Or What!

Post by SteveG »

Typical! Really foggy morning and one of the headlamp bulbs has blown. Not a problem, pop in the spare and make a mental note to pick up another one later.

Went into the local motor factors - Patchway AutoParts - and they want £7.99 EACH :shock: and they're not even a branded make! Local ECP ... £2.21 for the pair :D

Guess who got my business?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Most of the branded makes are better, not more light but better focused, so more goes on the road. But for non branded ones, I would have done the same!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Had the same happen last week on the wifes Reno Megane. Just bought one of those cheap bulbs in a bubble pack £2.50. Even the wife says it the same as the other Reno bulb. Why bother changing it for that price.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Peter.N. wrote:Most of the branded makes are better, not more light but better focused, so more goes on the road. But for non branded ones, I would have done the same!
Can't argue with that, Peter, the decent branded bulbs give better lighting and I'll be treating the car to some in the New Year but ... having just spent £150 to get it through the MOT just 2 days ago I was feeling Scrooge-like today :-)