306 Hdi wont start - Help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Brian UK
My Cars:

Post by Brian UK »

BK wrote:I hate cars I cant fix myself
BK
So do I, they are getting far too compex these days, and the only benefactor is the manufacturer and dealer, as you have to pay their prices for everything.
I do not really feel safe in a car where a computer is in control.
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

I do not really feel safe in a car where a computer is in control.
I must admit I agree. I dislike it enough when I have to trust to the computer to store a dissertation or the like, nevermind running the complex system that most cars are.

Long Live Mechanical Engines
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2001 Toyota MR2 1.8 VVTi - To be sold for spares/repair - dead gearbox :(
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

peugeot equipment would have logged a fault cam/crank synchronisation fault or cylinder refrence sensor no signal coherence, then scope sensor theres your answer 15mins max .... main dealers charge so much due to there extremly high overheads,your manufacturer specifies you need this that and the other ... we have mandatory tools which we must have and they are still in there boxes never been used. i know some dealers can be rip off merchants but there are some good ones out there trying to earn an honest living :wink: dont tar us all with the same i hate main dealer brush pleaseeee...
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....