erattic idle and hesitation on initial accelerator movement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Thanks for replying,

I dont think it is lean, as the engine is actually running slightly too cold, it seems to be hovering around 75-80 degrees and i'm wondering if the thermostat has gone recently as it temperature drop has only occured in the last month,

I have had all of the inlet trunking and manifold and throttle body off the car and checked it by flexing it and shining a torch inside th pipes in a dark room to look for cracks or splits, and there were none, I have also selaed all the joints with blue gasket compound just in case on of the o-rings wasnt sealing properly, and i also throughly cleaned out the throttle body with isopropanol alcohol spray and lightly oiled the bearings for the throttle flap and it all moves super smooth and shuts perfectly and can hold water without a leak for 10 minutes against the throttle butterfly, so I am now confident in the throttle body and inlet manifold and trunking !

Also, i have had the map sensor off and cleaned it out with isopropanol alcohol and it was pretty clean anyway, and i have checked its foot long rubber pipe connection to the manifold and it is in good condition with no leaks or cracks, and if i unplug the map sensor when the engine is running, it almost stalls and runs really rough, so i'm pretty sure the map sensor is functioning properly,

I have also opened up the ecu and dried it out completely indoors for 24 hours on the radiator and totally dried the ecu connector and the wiring loom connector and that didnt help it either, so although moisture does get into the connector, that just causes a separate problem !, and not my original problem that i am trying to track down

This leaves me with the only other reasonable solution to be that i seriously messed up when i plugged the ht leads back in after i did the head gasket and plugged 2 of them in back to front which has advanced the ignition, or the earthing to the coilpack isnt good (dont know where its earth is) or the coilpack itself is faulty, but i am not thinking that it is an ignition problem rather than anything else

Any more ideas from anyone at all ?, I'm clutching at straws here and dont know a huge amount about how the ignition system works or controls advance

Thanks
2002 Peugeot 806 quicksilver HDI with bosch ecu