ESP on xantia?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

ESP on xantia?

Post by deian »

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Well, yes, in a way. I'd say a hydropneumatic suspension system is pretty near to it.

But, no, not that I'm ever aware of.

On the other hand, mine is so responsive to my needs you could be forgiven for thinking it had the other sort of ESP (Extra Sensory Perception).

It's OK, I'll get my coat....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
deian

Post by deian »

Still, i don't agree with the ebay advert, it's not 'ESP', he goes on about a Bosch Stability system!! it's Citroens advanced computer controlled suspension system (Hydractive), a bit misleading really, the customer may go looking for an ESP button only to find 'maybe' a sport mode button for the suspension, which the SX didn't have.

i'm with you on that one, they are very responsive. not long ago i was driving on the motorway and i was doing a steady speed in rain and traffic wasn't too bad... well untill i saw a big queue in front of me, i swear to you, any other car and i'd be a dead man, i was in the fast lane, i slammed the brakes, knowing i was going to hit the car in front of me i steered to the middle lane, was gonna hit that one too, steered to the left lane, straightened up and i stopped safely and securely, all this with the ABS working flawlessly, i was seriously impressed with the Xantia!! it's not 'esp' as such, but abs, plus the suspension hardens on slamming the brakes to prevent nose-diving, so it must have worked...

dei
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

still didnt manage to sell it though....only 650 quid it makes you weep..... xantias are getting so cheap now...... C5's all round?
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

My C5 has ESP.

If I push it on a bend the ESP light flashes on the dash.

You can almost feel the body twitch as the breaks are applied to individual wheels to keep the car in shape.

I said 'almost' ..... I must have a very vivid imagination.

cheers, Kev
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

citrojim wrote:Well, yes, in a way. I'd say a hydropneumatic suspension system is pretty near to it.
Nope, ESP uses the cars brakes to keep stability.

I have seen mention of traction control on some Xantia wiring diagrams, not sure which models it was on but my Exclusive TurboCT didn't have it so I would guess V6 and/or Activa.

And citrojim, can you check the email address in your profile is correct, you seem to be triggering the Debug mode bug in the forum.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

weety wrote:still didnt manage to sell it though....only 650 quid it makes you weep..... xantias are getting so cheap now...... C5's all round?
People don't know a good thing when they see it.
not applicable
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Homer wrote:
citrojim wrote:Well, yes, in a way. I'd say a hydropneumatic suspension system is pretty near to it.
Nope, ESP uses the cars brakes to keep stability.

I have seen mention of traction control on some Xantia wiring diagrams, not sure which models it was on but my Exclusive TurboCT didn't have it so I would guess V6 and/or Activa.
My comment was a bit tongue in cheek :wink: Thanks though because until you explained I did not know what ESP was!

And citrojim, can you check the email address in your profile is correct, you seem to be triggering the Debug mode bug in the forum
I had a check and it is the right one and I get my alerts fine. I'll read the the thread on the Debug Mode problem and see if I'm doing something else wrong :?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
deian

Post by deian »

it is a shame that xantias are soooo cheap to buy, they are still fantastic cars, even by todays standards!!!