chipping

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john alexander
My Cars:

chipping

Post by john alexander »

Hi We have 2 xantia's , both 1.9TD estates , mine is a 96 and my wifes is a 98 hers has more electronics on the engine than mine . can this version be chipped, if so how?? PS if you get a Greyhound chipped will it run any faster!!!!. regards john.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Re: chipping

Post by Kowalski »

john alexander wrote:Hi We have 2 xantia's , both 1.9TD estates , mine is a 96 and my wifes is a 98 hers has more electronics on the engine than mine . can this version be chipped, if so how?? PS if you get a Greyhound chipped will it run any faster!!!!. regards john.
The 1.9 TD's can't be chipped but you can adjust the mechanical fueling on the pumps.

Have a search on the forum.
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

thanks kowalski. why does it have a wire to the injector and a "brain". whats it for. regards john.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

there is a needle lift sensor inside the injector with the wire,it just lets the ECU know when injection starts so that it can alter the timing as needed.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

It's still a mechanical injection system, so the same rules apply. There are still people around (I think np had his old Xantia done) who can tweak the 1.9TD to get a few more BHP and lb/ft, and more economy!
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Thats right Phil,i had my previous Xantia TD done.115 bhp,185 lbft torque.It cost £385 in 2002 from www.vanaaken.com
It was still running fine after 60k odd miles.SteveG has it now.
I know from this forum that if you have a bit of know how,you can do the mods your self.Its all adjustments on the feul pump.Although i expect there are places out there that can do it cheaper.
I made a good deal of difference to mine,much better pull through the gears etc,& mpg improved slightly.
:)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

np wrote:Thats right Phil,i had my previous Xantia TD done.115 bhp,185 lbft torque.It cost £385 in 2002 from www.vanaaken.com
It was still running fine after 60k odd miles.SteveG has it now.
I know from this forum that if you have a bit of know how,you can do the mods your self.Its all adjustments on the feul pump.Although i expect there are places out there that can do it cheaper.
I made a good deal of difference to mine,much better pull through the gears etc,& mpg improved slightly.
:)
I can vouch for NP's comments. It's really quite rapid from pull away and in the dreaded 50 - 70mph (overtaking) zone. :D