Recommend the best Xantia to Buy

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

In the family we have a 1.8 16v hatchback & a 2.0 16v Estate.

The 1.8 is a LX with a manual box & 80odd K on the block. If you hit every cog just right in the sweet spot of the rev range it goes really rather well, other then that it is a good run-of-the-mill car, pulls well but not spectacular. It will give back a good 70 miles to £10 of go go juice, as long as you keep it out of the rev range. (Will be up for sale soon so keep a eye out!)

Our 2.0 estate is a Exclusive with the Auto box & all the toys (inc sunroof :wink: ) Bear in mine its only 2 liters more it fells like a very different motor. It lulls you into a false sense of security, you pull out to overtake something (with the gearbox set in norm) & there's no shove in the back no extra noise, nothing to show that its busying away. She picks up her skirt & just disposes of the car in front in a swift & precise manner. Its not til you look down at the speedo & relise that you are not far off a 3 figure licenece looser. Press the 'sport' button & it all changes, she rips off her dress & goes all jakie chan. Its completely different, you forget that you are infact in a large luxury motorway cruiser. The suspension is stiffer & the roll stops & the gearbox holds onto the gears for longer.
Ours needs wider tyres all round as they are abit squeaky when giving it some beans off a roundabout. Not bad for a 148k motor.

I really do want a run in a V6, just to see how much better it is over the 16v. I imagine its all that of the 16v with bundles more torque.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Jackie Chan :lol:

Classic!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

andmcit wrote:Estate with a sunroof!! Thing is, go and try and find one, they're quite
hard to find!
VSX/Exclusive if suspension sorted out completely, but 'normal spec' does a
fine job too, and nothing below SX trim!!
Silver or emerald green.
Andrew
Well,i have a VSX estate TD,with sunroof AND A/con,& its in Emerald green :D 8) .Still going strong at 171K miles,& boosted as well.
It will be for sale in the next few weeks as well :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I love that dark green in the Xantia estate, I have to say it is my fave....shame I cant afford one!

You could however give it to me for free :D
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Wont be wanting much for it,as i have the money for my Dad`s car(see Peugeot 406 HDI).Will stick it on Ebay & see what i get for it. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Ross_K wrote:There was a V6 Activa as well, for the best of both worlds. Best of luck finding one though.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/perhe_pitkanen/xw/activav6.htm
Not in the UK.

In Europe you could have the Activa with a V6 or even a Diesel, in the UK it came only as a saloon with the TurboCT engine.

If you could get the V6 Activa in Ireland, in RHD form then :x :x :x :x :x :x
dazcro
My Cars:

Post by dazcro »

Looks like V6 + Activia are a dream in Ireland and the UK. I'll keep my eye out for one but looking at your posts I need to work for the national car register in order to find one!!!! I would say they would set you back a few pounds, dollars, euro....

Thanks for the info on the Height Correctors mezuk04!!! Haven't looked for them yet but I will!!!

To all..... Thanks for taking part with the Topic Guys!!!!

Daz....
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

You can pick up an Activa alright if you wanted. This one on eBay would cost you €325 to VRT and maybe the same again for a flight to England and a ferry ticket back:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-CITROEN-XANT ... 0034739559
ImageImage