Xantia 1.9 TD Tickover

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

acrowot wrote:The only problem left is the rev counter is on Full Scale Deflection
Wack the top of the dash above the tacho with your fist a few times and see if that sorts it out. Mine was stuck at full scale even with the ignition off and hitting it several times sorted it out. Also these cars can suffer from bad connections on the instruments and a wack sometimes sorts it. I know it sounds rough but if it works you can pretend you beat the car into submission :D
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

Thanks for that info John. You have really made my day (not). :cry:

I had heard that Pug parts were cheaper than Citroen but I had not tried to buy from them myself. The Pug garage in Manchester is farther away from my work than the Citroen place and a Pug owner at work does not rate them much. I suppose that if you can ask for a part number then it makes their life easier.

Richard
1998 Xantia 1.9TD Estate (Sold - replaced with Skoda Octavia (sorry))
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Bouncechops
I have fed a piece of welding wire through the hole for the trip reset and pushed the needle back but as soon as I withdraw the wire the needle returns to FSD, it is being held there electrically. I have not tried thumping it but will give it a try.

Richard
Yes I do believe if I had not given the part numbers to the man he would not have helped, he had already told me to try Citroen to get the part numbers.

John

Bouncechops
Sorry but I have giveen you a bit of misinformation, the needle is not held on FSD electrically, I have just disconnected the battery and poked the needle back with my piece of welding wire, but as I withdraw the wire the needle follows it back to FSD, if I thump the dash the needle does jump but again returns to FSD. It must be under some sort of mechanical pressure, a spring maybe.

John
C5 HDI 110 SX 122000 ESTATE
C5 HDI 2.2 2003 EXCLUSIVE ESTATE 151000 MILES