C5 Servicing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Re: c5hdi servicing

Post by AndersDK »

mezuk04 wrote:
rod wrote::D
thanks anders, will do that when time to change,
i am going to top up the eolys tank next week (i hope)
will post result when done.
still running sweet as a nut.
p s had the top off the lds tank to check level.
no problem experienced, perhaps it is only under pressure when the engine is running.
re particle filter.i am trying the haynes manual for a pug 406, from the library.
it appears to be the same engine and exhaust as the c5.
will let you all know when checked

rodders 8)

LDS tank, GOOD!!!!!!

Who was the egit that said LHM, damn them egits!!! :-k
I can assure you mezuk - you wont be the last egit 8)
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
bordercars

lds

Post by bordercars »

can anyone tell me the capacity for the lds change, i dont wont to start and not have enough.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

I changed my LDS last week, and needed just under two litres to refill the reservoir. Interestingly the stuff I too out after 5 years and 90,000 miles appeared absolutely identical to the new fluid, colour, smell, consistency.
Definitely not at all like the old stylee LHM :!:
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

You have to remember that the fluid has less stress than the older HP systems, where the fluid was constantly moving, feeding the suspension, PAS and brakes, not like now, where it's pumped on demand for the suspension, with the PAS not being too hard hydraulically wise (how may times PAS fluid is changed on a regular car?)
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
bordercars

Post by bordercars »

I am changing the lds fluid in an attempt to rectify a problem, which was. whilst having the car staitionary at full height engine running, i got white smoke coming from the pump area,i hope the pump is ok. the resovoir was hot , and to lower the car i had to undo a bleed nipple on the rear axle to get the back down, fluid seems low could not see any in resovoir,, i am going to drain lds in full replace to correct level and hope the car dances, if not i suppose the pump is shot. but only time will tell. in brief to change lds do i, lower car , drain resovoir, drain from bleed valve front and rear , fill up and , bleed system. away you go, 1 final point, i am using a 4 post ramp so do you think if car is full down i can jack up and block to get to local garage if need be.
bordercars

Post by bordercars »

i think my pump has siezed. can get 1 from a breaker but citroen say i can have i of 2 fitted how can i find out which, or is it just as simple as wether the car has sport mode
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

get one from the same spec of C5 if you can,they need to be programed depending if it has sport mode,auto adjusting headlamps & variable power stering (only V6 models)
bordercars

c5

Post by bordercars »

tracked down a pump, the breaker told me he has done loads of these and at £150 inc vat he's not on a bad thing.
anyway, lowered the car removed and fitted new pump put almost 2lt of LDS in started engine the SERIOUS SUSPENSION reading has gone and you can hear the pump running but will not lift, i have read about getting the thing programed is that main dealer or someone with diagnostic computer gear, by the way i cracked open the bleed valve at the rear also and got a little air out. any furthter help on this much appreciated.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you may need to pressureise the system manually 1st to get it moving.any standard coolant pressure tester kit will be able to do it as most come with different adaptors.you should apply a pressure of half a bar.
bordercars

pump

Post by bordercars »

just for your info,

i left the car over the weekend after being unable to get the LDS moving, on the morning i started the car heard the pump cut in but no movement turned the engine off, pump still running then away she went, why i dont know , but to all you guys out there i have now...

replaced the pump off an estate onto a hatch
numbers slightly different
filled with LDS
and it works,
no pressure applied by me to LDS resovoir and no need to have the pump or ecu reprogrammed.