Fans not kicking- overheating - a Bitron Snensor problem?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

DIR wrote: BOL … has notes like 2V, 5V, 13V, next to the connectors. This it calls ‘number of connector channels’ … However, these numbers seem more like voltages- any comments/ideas
2V, 5V and 13V mean 2, 5 and 13-wire connectors.
With a bit of luck, it’s French for 2-way, 5-way and 13-way connectors.
The ‘V’ will be ‘voie’, which is French for ‘way’.
For example, my Bitron has a 15-pin connector, but with only 12 wires, and 3 empty spaces in the connecting plug.
That makes it a 12V connector, even though it has room for 15 wires.
It’s the number of wires per connector.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

f00lzz wrote:
mezuk04 wrote::shock:

So intercooler, air con condensor and the radiator are all shoved in at the front.

By heck, Citroen dont half like wedging things in :cry:

Wilkobob has his intercooler bolted on the top of the engine on his Mondeo P-Reg 1.8TD and it seems a much more easier place to have it.

Simply unbolt and flush with petrol, I dont like the sound of having to do the same job on a Citroen intercooler.
Quite simple when you think of it really.... Heat Soak The intercooler when mounted on top of the engine defeats the object of a 'cooler' because the heat from the engine rises into the Intercooler and prevents it from carrying out it's proper function.... much better to put it where you can get a flow of air :wink:
citroen put the intercooler on top of the engine on the BX TD (and i think the ZXTD as well) then moved it (probably for the reasons above) to the front on the Xantia
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
DIR

Post by DIR »

Its been some days since I looked at this again (what with rain and other chores). However, having read all your posts, especially the bits about scraping knuckles and putting aside three hours with a friend(!)) I think a little of the French approach has rubbed off on me, and I am going to chicken out and hand this one over to the auto electrician.

Many thanks for you help and suggestions - its great to know that there are so many helpful and interested folk out there willing to give freely of their time and expertise. Long many it continue !