Changing the rear hatch door on a Xantia estate?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

London luke

Changing the rear hatch door on a Xantia estate?

Post by London luke »

thanks to a uninsured driver........ I have to take a trip to scrappies and find a new door! Just how hard ar ethey to change??? I can see two bolts that will be the Physical side ... but what about the electrics etc??? are they just plugs hidden some place?

help !
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Have not tried on a Xantia. But on a BX the cables runs both sides from the light clustersd up in the pillar - on to the gaiter - and down the hatch door sides - to the numberplate lights and rear wiper. Ther are no conectors on the run from therear lights clusters - except the ones found on the end user devices. I suspect it would be very much the same on a Xantia.

Easiest option is to cut the wires at the scrappy leaving you with the mechanical fittings to concentrate on.
At home you have more time to spend to do the wires "correctly" - or use a handfull of crimp on snap connectors - your choice.

Remember the rubber list - and any extra bolts, screws, fasteners etc. you see there. Its always the lack of those small items that delays the work :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I've just removed the tailgate on a Xantia saloon. The main wiring loom has large multi plugs on either side of the hinge area. They're in a roof cavity behind the head lining and are JUST small enough to feed out of the roof - it's a fiddle mind.

Watch you don't strip the threaded strut fastenings on the tailgate as I DO agree with other listers here stating the tailgate IS fibreglass - I was sceptical at first but have seen the struts tear away here!

Guess what you'll have to do is try and drop the roof lining or plastic coverings down to peek into the hinged area - I'm not totally sure what the estate has has fortunately I've not been in this area of my estates!!

Andrew