Obtaining Xantia Hydraulic pump seals?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the warning....yes I'm aware of the issues surrounding interference fits... the guy that has offered to help me with it is a professional engineer so probably knows what he's doing... he hasn't seen it yet however so he might say "cant safely do it" when he sees it of course.

As I mentioned on another reply because its such a hassle to get the pulley off and on again successfully I'll only do so as a last resort if I can't find any other leaks...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Mandrake wrote:rescue again :) ... it even accepts the VIN number of my car.... now at least I know what parts exist even if I can't get them :D
That wasn’t difficult, and it’s nice to find out that your car actually exists.
At the first attempts with PR-Net, my car didn’t exist, but that’s come good since.
can't be bothered ordering them in. :(
How very strange that the $2000 pump is available. :twisted:
Don’t know if they are allowed to ignore you.
Wonder if you could put the question to the Citroën importer.
In Australia, Citroën is imported by the New Zealander Neville Crichton, who made his fortune prior to that by importing Warn winches, and providing after-sale service to the requirements of the army.
The main requirement was availability of all parts.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Mandrake wrote:
citronut wrote:i would have thought if that seal has or face plate has not been disturbed it should not leak,
So things never break down on there own ? :wink: There is a leak there somewhere... its just a matter of finding it... I can think of many different things that could have gone wrong - just one example is that the car had something other than LHM in the hydraulic system when I got it... who knows whether the other stuff could have "eaten" one of the seals...

And then there is normal wear and tear, heat cycling etc...
also if you have citroen part numbers your agent should be able to supply the parts
regards malcolm
Not if they don't stock them and can't be bothered ordering them in. :(

Regards,
Simon
why dont you make up a company name and register with that then you will be able to order the parts strait through PR.net and they will be sent to your local agent for you to colect
regards malcolm