Synergie 1.9 td '2000 Gearbox Types? ME or ML?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sub42
My Cars:

Synergie 1.9 td '2000 Gearbox Types? ME or ML?

Post by sub42 »

Hi all,

Just need a little help if you can. I need to identify the gearbox type on my Synergie. It could have either an 'ME' or an 'ML' type box, as they both have differing length clutch cables. Anybody know how to identify it?

Synergie 1.9td 2000 v plate manual box.

Cheers, Mark.
Previous convictions for ferret and giraffe rustling.

Synergie 1.9td SX loaded spec.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

If you wish, you can send me the VIN of the car and i will check it out at the Citroën-PR database.
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

According to pr.net, the change to ML5 occured at Orga 7712 - which equates to 20/12/1997. I would therefore assume that a 2000 car will be ML5 - you can check the ORGA / RP number though to be sure. It should be stencilled on the inner wing / suspension turret / A pillar somewhere.
Richard W
lewpy

Synergie Gearbox Types

Post by lewpy »

In my search for a replacement clutch cable for a Synergie, I initially enquired at various local motor factors and a few on - line suppliers ( less expensive ?)

None of them could give me a convincing answer as to wether their particular cable would fit my vehicle .

I then contacted a reasonably local Citroen main Dealer ( Dixons - Doncaster ) who were able to instantly identify the Correct cable by me quoting them the vehicle licence plate number . Although they did not stock the actual part it was ordered at 4:30 pm and arrived at Dixons by 9:00 am the next morning , it also tfitted perfectly. well done Dixons....

The maximum cost saving by using a none genuine part would have been at best £ 5.50 but it may not have fitted correctly ? resulting in a duplicate job of work with resulting labour costs.

I will ask for a genuine part price first , not last, in future........