bottom engine mount

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Now please stop this rubbish !

The following GSF part is what you need :
N10126 ENGINE MOUNT.-LOWER(DISC) £ 6.25
This is the lower engine mount rubber disc fitting all PSA type XU engines. Period.

And will you please stop asking for specific Xantia 2.1TD parts :roll:
- as then all you will hear is : "sorry sir we dont stock parts for that model"

rant over.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

why do you think this bush needs replacing,if its the one in the photos it looks in perfect condition,usualy why they fail is through being soaked in oil for a long period of time so the rubber rots away
regards malcolm
Last edited by citronut on 04 Jul 2006, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Anders - Unfortunatly GSF dont make clear what is and is not available in their catalogue. The printed one I have makes no reference whatsoever to this mounting so you would assume they dont stock it. Even their staff dont seem to know what the stock. If you enter a description of the part ito their search facility it says they dont do it, its only when you download the complete catalogue and do a thorough search, you find that they do. So I am very gatefull for the information obtained here - or maybe you were refering to my attempt at humour... :oops: :(
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes peter i belive they call it a lower engine mount,where as i would call it an engine stabaliser bush
regards malcolm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Right, thanks Malcolm. They should have a 'glossary of terms'. If it was an obscure part I could understand it being difficult to find, but there are millions of XUDs... It doesn't come up as 'engine mounting'
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

as far as im aware its one bush fits all xu engines,and i did think GSF called it a lower engine mount and its about 6 squide on its own without the alli block
regards malcolm
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

AndersDK wrote:1809.16 ENGINE FLEXIBLE-BUSH Dkr99,40 (exvat)
GSF stock it too.
Item 17 in this drawing from PR-Net is evidence that the bush is available by itself from Citroën.

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Clogzz wrote:
AndersDK wrote:1809.16 ENGINE FLEXIBLE-BUSH Dkr99,40 (exvat)
GSF stock it too.
Item 17 in this drawing from PR-Net is evidence that the bush is available by itself from Citroën.

Interesting! - local Cit garage swore blind it wasn't available seperately..

Andrew
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

He swore blind when seeing this drawing: :D

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I've always found it best when on the odd occasion I've had to order a bit from the main dealer to lift the part number from PRnet and then just quote the number to them- it makes it a whole lot easier as they then don't have to look anything up, just type in the number.

I think what confuses people when ordering this from GSF is them referring to it as a 'disc', when the rest of the human race would refer to it as an engine mounting rubber........ :roll: .....I had to phone them up to confirm it was what I actually wanted when I ordered one.
deian

Post by deian »

well i got the bush today from citroen, the guy explained the bush that i need is indeed supposed to be sold as part of the housing, but if i was willing to take the risk of buying part number 17 on the drawing then i can do it, so i did, the bush they and you see as part 17 seems to be the same one as the one in the top mounting, but i suppose it will fit in the bottom mounting too even though it isn't sold seperately. I was quite pleased the parts guy in citroen wasn't too cocky and pushy about the housing and gave me the option after gathering enthusiast information from you lot. so thanks for that guys! (£10.99 it was)

Also citroen part prices have gone up 2.4% this month as the parts guy said!

i will let you know how i got on when i swap them this weekend.

thanks for the help guys
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you can buy the hole thing or just the bush from citroen,thats why it shows it as an exploded view,and that bush is nothing like any of the top mounts
regards malcolm
deian

Post by deian »

well the drawing the parts guy had on the screen with part number 1809.16 referred to a part only shown once at the top mounting, it looks identical to what i've seen on my car (compare the pictures in the first post of this thread to the drawings on page three of this thread), he also pointed out the bottom bracket (which looked totally different to what i have, even though i quoted my car's registration number) with the bush half obscured by the housing didn't have a sepearate number so was obviously a one piece including the housing (£87 :shock:)...

i promptly explained what my 'friends in the know' told me and ordered the 1809.16 part, end of story for me at the moment, i will report back on the weekend

reason i went to citroen and not gsf is, gsf don't know what they are talking about obviously, and eurocar parts haven't replied to my emails for 2 day, so i didn't mind paying that little bit extra (minus p&p) to get it from main dealer
davetd
My Cars:

Post by davetd »

I can't see why this thread has gone on to long. Last night I said I bought the part you need six months ago from German and Swedish. I gave the part description, the name and the part numbers. F**k the drawings :twisted:

I even said how to fit it :shock:

Sorry for ranting but I agree with Ander's last thread. 8)
93 Xantia SX TD Manual Metallic Grey 145,000 Non Anti-Sink
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

davetd wrote:I can't see why this thread has gone on to long. Last night I said I bought the part you need six months ago from German and Swedish. I gave the part description, the name and the part numbers. F**k the drawings :twisted:

I even said how to fit it :shock:

Sorry for ranting but I agree with Ander's last thread. 8)
I agree also. How difficult is it to source a new bush. They're ALL the same.
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000