[Xantia] Few questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Darko
Donor 2023

Post by Darko »

Hi,

thanks for your answers. Well on Citroen they said I should do the injector cleaning first (they did the computer diagnostics test) and it wasn't expensive at all, so I did it... :oops: :oops:

Thanks Anders, I will do those two tests first before asking any stupid questions :oops:. By "timing", do you mean the the timing belt or the timing of the fuel pump or maybe something else?
don't lose sight of the big picture and spend too much money on rectifying faults on what could well be a car that is just reaching the end of its useful (economically I mean) life
Well it's just that I'm somehow emotionally attached to it :D :D I've spent many hours (and enjoyed each one of them!!) to fix all the annoying things and that's just the final thing that needs to be sorted out.
As for the Cat, what is the easiest way to check that? They first told me to change the sensor in it (lambda sensor:?: ) however next time they said it was ok :?

cheers,
Darko[/quote]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Darko wrote: By "timing", do you mean the the timing belt or the timing of the fuel pump or maybe something else?
The timing belt - the first basic test to do on a very sluggish fuel eater - after you have done the service items (filters etc.).
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Darko
Donor 2023

Post by Darko »

Hi,

I got the compression and timing belt checked - both appear to be OK (although the timing belt will have to be changed somewhere soon as the car is getting close to 120k km).

The mechanic said it is probably the catalytic converter (he said it seems to be shaking/vibrating a little)...