Keypad immobiliser sometimes unresponsive

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alanar

Keypad immobiliser sometimes unresponsive

Post by alanar »

Twice now I have gone to the car and turned the ignition and the red light continues to flash as if not detecting the signal. It will not accept any key codes and appears to do nothing, The car will not start.

Went back out to it a couple of hours later and it worked perfectly.

Any ideas anyone?
alanar

Post by alanar »

Sorry its a 1995 Xantia 2.0 16v VSX
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Maybe the keypad is getting worn i would change the code to some numbers that have'nt been used.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I would as suggested try to change the code to another series of numbers if indeed it will let you get that far. Try and that (since its the cheapest, easiest and quickest) and let us know.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
alanar

Post by alanar »

No, Keypad will not accept anything at all. When ignition key is turned the red light that is flashing should become constant and allow you to enter the code, each button pressed then omits a beep. In this case the flashing light stays flashing and none of the keypad buttons work.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Check for poor connections or dampness on the back of the keypad.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Made a quick search here.
If you don't mind having no immobiliser, you can disconnect it for good.
If you manage to enter the code,start the car & disconect the keypad with the engine running, then it will stay in an unlocked state.
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
alanar

Grey relay behind plastic in fuse box?

Post by alanar »

Yes heard tht before but have just found cause of that problem and many others. The problem seemed to ease when playing with the fuses in dash. I gave it a whack and it worked and many other things like dash lights started to work also.

I narrowed it down to the grey relay hidden behind the peice of plastic in the fuse box. when I pushed on this slightly everything worked ok, When I let go everything stopped again.

Anyone kno what I can do?
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

remove that relay, and with a smal flat screwdriver, bend the connections on the plug for better contact. Spray a bit of wd-40 to help.
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
alanar

Post by alanar »

Ok not that relay at all, If I push back on the entire fuse board everything works. If I let go it all stops again. Is there a way to tighten it up somehow?
alanar

Post by alanar »

I have removed the fuse box as much as I could and found a slightly lose connector at the back, plugged it in and all working ok

All I have to do now is figure out why the hazzards only flash on the left handside and the alarm keeps going off when I unlock the doors or open them again.