Rusty GFS spheres?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

howiedean
My Cars:

Rusty GFS spheres?

Post by howiedean »

Whilst swapping my wheels round, I've just noticed how rusty the rear centre sphere is. The spheres have been on less than a year and I'm suprised at how quick they have rusted. Obviously they catch the elements but my spheres look worse than the original 5 year old ones that were replaced last year!!!

Regards
Howie

2006 Fiat Idea Dynamic 1.3 Multijet
2010 Renault Laguna Dynamique tom tom 2.0 DCI 130
C5 VTR 2l 8v HDI Estate 112000 miles gone
Kia Rio 2007 1.5 CRDI 62,000 miles gone
2001 Dodge Durango 4.7 V8 170,000 miles gone
1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6 V8 151,000 miles gone
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Well - its not a "GSF fault" as they only sell whatever they import or otherwise get from stockists 8)

GSF sells Amtex spheres. Me too - I have noticed that brandnew spheres shifts from fresh green to the wellknown underbody parts colour within a year. Its simply where the sphere manufacturer has choosed to save on production costs. On the other hand I've got some very old (but still pressurised) spheres removed from BX'es years ago - with a somewhat differing green (darker green) colour where the paint just needs a cleaning and the sphere will look like brand new again.
Donno what the brand is - but the marking is BXF 55+

Like anything else residing under the body of a car - you would like to give it a spray of underbody protecting mass. Its the only way to postpone the influence of the harsh road environment.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

AndersDK wrote:Well - its not a "GSF fault" as they only sell whatever they import or otherwise get from stockists 8)

GSF sells Amtex spheres. Me too - I have noticed that brandnew spheres shifts from fresh green to the wellknown underbody parts colour within a year. Its simply where the sphere manufacturer has choosed to save on production costs. On the other hand I've got some very old (but still pressurised) spheres removed from BX'es years ago - with a somewhat differing green (darker green) colour where the paint just needs a cleaning and the sphere will look like brand new again.
Donno what the brand is - but the marking is BXF 55+

Like anything else residing under the body of a car - you would like to give it a spray of underbody protecting mass. Its the only way to postpone the influence of the harsh road environment.
Cheers for thant Anders, I'll give the underbody a good blast with some treatment!!!!
Howie

2006 Fiat Idea Dynamic 1.3 Multijet
2010 Renault Laguna Dynamique tom tom 2.0 DCI 130
C5 VTR 2l 8v HDI Estate 112000 miles gone
Kia Rio 2007 1.5 CRDI 62,000 miles gone
2001 Dodge Durango 4.7 V8 170,000 miles gone
1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6 V8 151,000 miles gone