XSARA HDI 110 ENGINE AUTO-DIAGNOSIS LIGHT STAYS ON

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cyber-shot
My Cars:

XSARA HDI 110 ENGINE AUTO-DIAGNOSIS LIGHT STAYS ON

Post by cyber-shot »

Hi can anybody help i bought a Yreg 2001 hdi xsara about 6 weeks ago up untill last week + 2500 miles i was very happy with it. last week i changed the fuel filter, started it up no probs then i noticed the management light was on,i took it for a short run it stayed, i came back reset the service indicator,a minute later it went off, great, then a couple days later it came on again stayed on all day came home switched off then on again light stayed off
took it out the next day light still off after about 20 miles light came on then the car conked out ,wouldnot start for about 2 minutes then it started i think what you call get you home mode now it has started doing this all the time,one thing i have noticed is if the light is out and i go to turn it off it stays running for 2or3 seconds after i have switched off,then the light will stay on
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

check your fuel filter is in correctly,had a 306 hdi last week same sort of problem , the filter was not sat at bottom of bowl and let some swarf through into diesel h/p pump and was jamming pressure regulator,new regulator and filter and seems ok,if you read your ecu it will probbably say flow regulator jammed or stop requested but regulator still active...
I think if filter not sealing it also effects the low pressure circuit feed and return pressures need 0.7bar on return and 2.6bar on supply there is a valve in inlet of fuel pump and you need pressure diffrence to lift it off its seat to allow pump to fill and prime. :idea:
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
cyber-shot
My Cars:

Post by cyber-shot »

hi thanks for the reply .just had a look at a haynes manuel it shows them putting a seal on top of the filter i got mine from halfords i only got one big rubber seal for the filter housing with it so this is looking likely to be the problem,if it is where is the pressure regulator,and is it hard to do and are they expensive to buy,the car is going to citroen some time this week its at the body shop getting back bumper painted and towbar replaced some clown ran into the back of it thanks again
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

mine was where the filter sits on bottom of bowl not sat in straight and filter had been forced in and squashed, the pressure regulator is in the back of high pressure pump held in with 2 t30 torx screws,about £200 i would try a genuine filter first and try that.
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Dont forget to stand by your car staring at exactly what they do otherwise before you know it they will be giving you a full service, charging you for it and then realising they never did a service :lol: :evil:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
cyber-shot
My Cars:

Post by cyber-shot »

Hi this is a follow up i changed the filter got one from citroen £19.00 :( it made no differance.citroen wanted £60 to just read the fault codes i told them no chance.i got my wife to take it to another garage got it done for £30 it had 5 faults stored 1 for the fuel pump/ 1 for pressure reg / 1 for ABS / 1 for cruise control which we dont have.she cant remember what the other one was for,any way he cleared the codes and the light went out the car ran perfect,engine turned off ok with no hesitation, then after about 50 milse the light came back on allthough it made no differance to the performance of the car she took it back to the garage to see what code it was, but the mechanic could not get his reader to work it kept saying switch on the ignition,which was on all the time,on disconnecting his reader the light went off and its still off, but i think its just a matter of time before it comes back on :? .am i right in thinking if the pressure reg was faulty or had swaft in it clearing the fault code would not fix it .the fuel pump when you turn the ignition on you get just a buzz yet other times the buzz lasts 2 to 3 secs :?