C4 estate?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

rossnunn wrote:new picasso?
Now theres one job I wouldn't like, redesign the UK's best selling mpv.
Nope - don't think so - that'll look a bit like the current one only uglier!!

Saw the "artist impression" dodgy touched up photograph in a recent Autocar/AutoExpress.

Andrew
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

did it look like this?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/rsslink.cfm ... spy-photos

maybe the new C8 then?
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Anyhow, the Picasso is only a best seller as it's massively discounted with dear old Citroen's "Happy Deals" in their quest to totally devalue the brand into a cheap'n cheerful choice rather than one seen a innovative trend setting!

Andrew
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

rossnunn wrote:did it look like this?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/rsslink.cfm ... spy-photos

maybe the new C8 then?
That's just plain nasty! Seems the old search engines are working flat out this evening! :wink:

Andrew
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

thoughts on C4

well ive driven most of the range from basic spec to flappy paddle VTS, and im not impressed! They're better than the ZX performance wise (though pehaps a simialr feel under foot) and the flappy paddle is very easy to get to grips with, but the engines seem to let them down! The 180bhp VTS is slow and lethargic and my 1.9td BX is a lot more exhilarting off the line. Actually i find the C8 diesel (think it was only a 1.9HDi) to be much quicker off the line but can hold a corner much much better than the C4 (50mph round a race track corner and the c4 squeeled and the ESP complained bitterely yet the c8 drove round the same corner at 60 without complaint).

That said the c4 VTS is VERY well built (assuming some Cit boffind hadn't messed with it), no rattles or infact complaint about any of the interior, except perhaps the steering wheel! It has that 'always where you want it wheel' which is PR speak for 'the CD controls are NEVER where you want them'especially when the previous driver tuned to classic FM!

All in all, its a very refined car and im convinced the 'hatch' version with the spoiler IN the rear window gives better visability! It's very easy to drive in all the incarnations and more than rooms in the back. My only real gripe is does it look to much like the new Focus? An estate version WOULD be a definite forward step, theough i think Auto estate wise i might well prefer the C5 (though the missus wants a C1 and my coffers would be stretched to a second hand Picasso!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

There is a definate lack of medium sized diesel autos right across the whole motor industry worldwide.. I would love a more up-to-date version of the ZX diesel auto, and an estate would be brilliant.. BUT..

I hate ECU's :roll: :oops: I had a 2 litre auto Mon**o that 'claimed ' to be overheating every time you turned it on!!! it was a real pig to start, though once running everything returned to normal.. It spent more time plugged into diagnostic computers than it did on the road! The ECU was changed about 5 times!! Eventually, after 6 months of constant problems, it went back to the garage it was bought from. :evil:

The last decent small estate car was the morris minor traveler, and they sold in their millions :D I think a med-small diesel auto estate would sell like hot cakes, no matter who made it.. :? :)

Erm.. I think this topic belongs under general chat? lol... :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I sat in a C4 & was very impressed, apart from one thing I found could be a pain, that was the roof rail above the door hole seemed really low compared to the actual roof line - I imagined how don't funny it would be after the seventh time of banging yor head on it everytime you got out.