spare plugs near handbrake: what are they for?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

Post by deian »

It's for people in the uk with no right foot maybe...

Anyway, i am lead to believe it can help keep a nice constant speed on long motorway journeys to achieve comfort and very possibly better fuel economy, so you 'set' it obviosuly when you as much as touch any of the pedals it resets and u need to 'resume' the cruise control.

I like to think of it as a comfort device, u just sit in the seat and hold the steering wheel as the car drives itself, if you come up to a slow driver, u just think ahead (1/4 of a mile and as u do driving at 80MPH) and indicate to pull out, then overtake steadily and safely and then indicate again to pull back in to the left lane (uk). Motorway driving is supposed to be fluid and constant hence the cruise control.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I agree, wouldn't have a car without it now.

If the loom is there you'll need the ecu, the pump, the stalk, the on off switch, the vacuum throttle control, possibly the brake pedal switch and probably other bits too :shock:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Stempy wrote:If the loom is there you'll need the ecu, the pump, the stalk, the on off switch, the vacuum throttle control, possibly the brake pedal switch and probably other bits too :shock:
If you compare the wiring diagrams for the 2.1TD XM and Xantia the only difference is the cruise control switch and an additional brake pedal switch ( XM has 2 pedal switches going to the ECU while the Xantia has only one, I think the extra one might really be on the clutch pedal) Does anyone know if cruise was available on a manual 2.1TD XM or indeed what the control switch does or how you operate cruise control on the 2.1TD XM
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
deian

Post by deian »

i'd like one so much, make me get one guys! i got sensor on throttle, so no wire there, yay lucas epic!

thanks