bleeding and changing accumulator sphere q's?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

It can be done from the top with the "Pleiades" sphere removal tool (on both 1.9 TD with aircon and petrol versions), which I must say works very well. It has just the right angle to the arm to fit all cirumstances from what I've found.

It can be tightened up never to slip, and if the sphere is REALLY tight then I just slide a length of scaffold pole over the top for extra leverage, well worth the investment.
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Richard Gallagher wrote:It can be done from the top with the "Pleiades" sphere removal tool (on both 1.9 TD with aircon and petrol versions), which I must say works very well. It has just the right angle to the arm to fit all cirumstances from what I've found.
Hmm,

On my mums 1.9TD you can't even SEE the pressure regulator (or accumulator sphere for that matter) from the top without removing all the intercooler related piping, let alone get a sphere removal tool near it or have any room to swing it...

I can't see how it's possible without removing the intercooler piping...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
deian

Post by deian »

yes there is a fat radiator pipe in the way, bottom it is then, i think i may cover the rad in cardbaord to protect it, a tip from me even before i did the job :wink:

thanks
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

deian wrote:i may cover the rad in cardbaord to protect it, a tip from me even before i did the job
I would not think cardboard would do much to protect from a slipping hammer or chisel.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

the only thing i have is a metal oil filter remover that tightens over by thread so it slips
Sounds like the thing I use all the time (steel band tightened by a threaded bar) - better IMO than a chain wrench etc. Just tighten it firmly (get a spanner / socket on the end), and you can use a pipe over the end or bash it with a hammer. The big advantage is that you can easily set the 'handle' at the angle you want.
deian

Post by deian »

maybe use some rubber on it, for grip, and tighten the handle as much as u can without wrecking the thread, then a bar over the handle and again bob is deffo ur uncle. might try that soon, i'll try lots of techniques and report on which one worked for me