Can't turn steering wheel much

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Bummer...

Well, there's a first time for everything... It would appear that your tensioner is indeed siezed.

And so it your bonnet cable by all accounts!

To get the bonnet open, try pulling the bonnet release while someone else presses on the bonnet leading edge. The mechanism can get very very stiff indeed, and having someone press on the bonnet edge can relieve the load on the cable. Once opened, it would be well worthwhile oiling the catch!

It does sound like you need a replacement tensioner.

You still don't mention where you're based, as there may be a decent garage or breakers yard nearby who can help out.
This is not a signature.
Nutkin333

Post by Nutkin333 »

Hiya ...sorry i'm in York, i think i got the bonnet sorted out ok now tho ... yey , any help would be appreciated tho, many many thanks ... girl's huh? lol
Sammy
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

People have recommended this chap- John 01904 651900. I kept a note of his number because I'm in that neck of the woods but so far haven't personally needed his services.

Rory
Nutkin333

Post by Nutkin333 »

has anyone had any dealings with Citispares? Their prices seem really good, any feedback on them would be cool.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Sammy..

I don't know about "Citispares" but I have had dealings with John on 01904 651900 in York, and found him to be extremely helpfull and very reasonable price wise.. He also has a large stock of second hand spares available.. :)

Give him a call, he is very very experienced and knowedgable about all types of Citroen cars.. His work-bus-van is a 1.9D ZX with no rear seats! :roll: lol...

He also sells a few used Citroens from time to time..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.