Lost out to a vectra!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

James.UK wrote:The object when going somewhere in your car, is to arrive safely at your destination..

People that risk their lives, and the lives of others, by driving recklessly always end up being involved in crashes one way or another. :( It's just a matter of time before their luck runs out.. :(
Well said.

They are also the people who don't get caught by speed cameras.
f00lzz
My Cars:

Re: Lost out to a vectra!

Post by f00lzz »

Kowalski wrote:
rossnunn wrote: If it had been a TD I'd have got away with it.
*sigh* aaah well another dick still on the road.
If you'd been in the wrong gear in the TD, there would either be no torque (because you're low down the rev range) or no power (because you're too high up the rev range), so you'd be just as slow ;) But with a 3 litre V6 and an autobox you'd be able to see the fuel gauge drop as the speedo rose!
Oh but it would be worth the dip in fuel economy to feel the way the 3.0 goes!
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

hell yes, I wouldn't mind the fuel bills to feel what should be a silky smooth power delivery.
I have to admit I was even going to chop the front off one of our old ZX's to keep esp for this project, the idea being I can do all the work to that & once it fits & runs its just a case to swapping the engine, loom & subframe over to my ZX, keeping it mobile.
The only reasons im not doing it now? Insurance for one, 21 year old 0 ncb, I think the insurers will laugh at me. Second the price of the engine, I'm spending too much already. Thirdly if I were to do it I'd want the later engine & either a auto or GTi6 gearbox, see reason two & Fourthly mother would probably brake my legs if I went and bought a 406 coupe & left it sitting in her garden!
There is also a small word that is shouting at the back of my head over & over & it gets louder & louder the closer I get to 25, that small word is M3