Xantia suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

Post by andmcit »

fridgedoc wrote:Yes it is a good price, he's a very old friend that's the reason it's so cheap but will it be OK for my actual car?
Hi Stephen. I'd imagine as the two cars in question are '94 vintage there'll be nothing different between them apart from your reference to the A/C pump and the consequently repositioned pump.

The VERY VERY first type of TD 1.9 off the line that I have as a hydractive VSX, has a particularly short lived in production high pressure pump with ONLY one high pressure feed pipe and it's stitched into a FDV [flow distributor valve] in the hydraulic circuit. It's a totally different set up to the later type which I've seen you mention earlier. Are both car's pumps' the twin high pressure feed, as this would really be the main difference AFAIK.

Incidentally, if you're getting carried away stripping parts off the VSX, and you say storage space doesn't concern you, the VSX SEATS are particularly comfortable and hard -wearing in their 'distinctive' tartan pattern. I love 'em myself and am partial to a few Vsx's!! :lol:

All the best,
Andrew
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Ahhhhh!!!!!!

Post by fridgedoc »

Thanks Andrew I'll bear your points in mind, I just hope he has not junked it as I said I had all the bits I wanted, mind you he did say he had Xantia's in all the time.
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by fridgedoc »

I would like to say a big

THANK YOU

to all my fellow Citroen owners for all the advice and help they have given me.
I'm off to France tomorrow 31st, and I will let you know how I got on, when I get back.

Regards to you all
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline