Odd Squeaking Noise Xantia 110

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I would be having that car STRAIGHT back to the main Stealers and having a major, and very loud argment with them, along the lines of

"you told me this would fix the problem. It hasn't. Money back NOW, or small claims court"

:shock: :shock:
This is not a signature.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

AndersDK wrote:I bet F-I-L wont allow you to touch it now ! - I mean "its already been very costly sonny" ...
No way am I getting my hands dirty! Working on relatives cars is the quickest way to fall out there is!

I've recommended a really good garage who would fix this cheaply and do a proper job, but it's 20 miles away from them and it all seems a bit too hard for them to get there :shock:

Ah well, horse to water etc.

So far - £1450 down the crapper and the car is no different.

I forgot to mention the list teh main dealer gave them of things that *urgently* needed doing - clutch, pipes, service [only done 100 miles ago] - all utterly fabricated of course. No wonder they're feeling a bit disillusioned about the car.

'arry
Pug 405 1.9D Estate 1995
Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec (wife's car) 2000
MZ Skorpion Traveller 660, MZ Trophy Sport, MZ ETZ251, Kawasaki EX-500.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

In that situation I would have told them to put the original turbo back on & refund the money - otherwise Small Claims Court. I tend to have as little to do with main dealers as possible now, this sort of thing happens far too often.

A classic example was when I went into a dealers to buy a fast idle control solenoid for my TD. The service manager came out and said "Its almost certainly not that, I've never had to change one of those on a Xantia in my life. You'd be throwing your money away buying that. Better bring the car in & leave it with us for a day then we can check it over, but we may not be able to fix it" :x
I told them I would try the valve anyway, I fitted it the following weekend & it cured the fault immediately and has been fine ever since.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Update: Car now fixed.

Although they still need to argue about money, and who pays for the unnecessary turbo replacement - the chirping noise is now fixed.

The problem? Blocked breather system. £60 quids worth of parts "fitted free" as a "gesture of goodwill" <ahem> by the Cit main dealer.

So thanks chaps, you were spot on from the start.

'arry
Pug 405 1.9D Estate 1995
Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec (wife's car) 2000
MZ Skorpion Traveller 660, MZ Trophy Sport, MZ ETZ251, Kawasaki EX-500.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

If it were me and they've now fixed the real problem (and admitted it) I wouldn't be paying for that unneeded turbo....

Or as others have said, threaten with the small claims court...no way should you be expected to foot the bill for such a gross error in diagnosis.

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive