Locating part for air con

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fridgedoc
My Cars:

A/C

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi Mandrake

To be fair to all that have answered your original post, we are all guessing as the vehicle is not in front of us with a set of gauges fitted to the a/c, and you would be surprised at what any decent engineer can see with a set of gauges, they are his eyes to what is happening within the a/c system, and yes someone might have just topped up your a/c with the wrong refrigerant or there could be some air in it, your biggest problem is finding a decent engineer who knows what he is doing and at a reasonable cost, but we all suffer from that problem, who do I go to when I want my sound system repaired? or the roof on my house sorted, who do I rely on!!!!!!
If one of your friends has had the a/c repaired and all is ok at a reasonable cost that's the place to start.

Just read through the posts again, on most but not ALL driers the LP/HP switch should be a screw on with a schrader valve underneath, make sure you wear safety goggles remove the cables from switch and try and unscrew switch, it should only lose a fraction of refrigerant before coming off, then it's just a case of getting another one and fitting it.

PLEASE NOTE.... YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

On all the pressure switches I have changed I have never had one without a schrader valve fitted, BUT THERE IS ALWAYS THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE....... SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would at least eliminate the switch
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline