Xantia kerbweight

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

zeersplat

If you are trying to locate a weigh bridge near to you. Then you can try a local large transport company. Also the local council tip tends to have a weighbridge. Other than that the weighing can be done at your local LGV testing centre who will have a weighbridge, and could even weigh each axle individualy on their rolling road brake tester, in the SVA lane.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

zeersplat wrote:martyhopkirk
is that my old bx tour towing there? :)
If you mean Vera - yes it is.
Eventually sorted out the rats nest of a wiring job causing the battery to die if left for a couple of days, welded her, sorted out the bloody awful oil leaks and a catalogue of other things, got her MOT'd - then scrapped her - long story, but the best thing for her was to be put out of my misery. Now in the throws of convincing the wife to let me have a TXD and shove Veras engine in her.
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Xantia Kerbweights

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi,
Just found this;
http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm
Hope it helps,
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
zeersplat
My Cars:

Post by zeersplat »

Thanks for the opinions folks. My cit has a towball rating off 85kg which must be amongst the highest for a non 4x4 carand the engine is easily powerful enough to pull the van. I think I will take it to a weigh bridge to see what it actualy weighs.

John
John
Life is not a rehearsal
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Out here the average family sedan has the tow weight of at least 150kgs. Only 75 really does make towing just about every caravan and trailer made out here ........................ Illegal :( There are cars with squishy springs under them, that do NOT self level like the Citroens too.... Yeah it's got me buggered why Citroen state such a tiny ball weight.

seeya,
Shane L.
'96 Big BX 2.1TD exclusive slugomatic (aka XM)
'85 CX2500 GTi Turbo Series II (whoo hooo)
'96 Xantia VSX slugomatic (sold !!)
and of course, lots of old Citroens, slowly rusting away in pieces ;)