zx td 94 cooling fans not working (twin cooling fans)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Never bothered to look or find out - but from reading Haynes it looked unusual as does the oil cooler and BX seemed to only have 1 on most so i have always thought of them as an extra - particularily as the second one doesn't seem to be needed.

I've always wondered what this one has towed as it would seem to have led a sheltered life but the clutch seemed to have been changed before we got it at 53,000.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

oldnail,

gsf may charge £10 less but i dont have a GSF nearby and needed one of these switches quikly. :roll:

getting it for £18 meant i could change it same day. 8)

I am happy to pay an extra £10 to have peace of mind, especially as the car is used every day in stop - start traffic.

£10 would have represented only a small fraction of the cost of a new head gasket which may be needed if the car over-heated.....:wink:
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
oldnail
My Cars:

Post by oldnail »

I cheated a bit here and by passed the radiator switch with a manual one on the dash until the replacment arrived.Only took 24hours though.If you want real piece of mind I would have a good look at the relays,mine were really badly corroded on the terminals and looked ready to give up the ghost at anytime.
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

yeah good point, i did check the relays and the coonections and sprayed them with wd40 and they all look pretty good....

i was thinking, i have a donor 1.9d zx with twin fans but there is only 2 pins on the fan switch, i spose this means they are only single stage fans rather than twin stage as in my td - was the switch you got from gsf the twin pin type or three pin type???????

cheers

alastair
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

oldnail
My Cars:

Post by oldnail »

Mines the three pin type.GSF part number N93476,you can find it on their site under Switches,senders and insruments.
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

fair enough, ill get it from gsf next time then - if the car lives to a ripe enough old age to require another one... :D

MK2 Cortina 1600e